7 hours & 15 days

- Robert? Andy  asked as she was entering his office.

She found office empty, he wasn't there. He probably didn't come back from his meeting yet. Being back as battalion chief he had a lot of meetings and she wasn't seeing him as much as she used to when he was captain.

She used to him being around. So she missed those little moments around the station.

She would see him before work and maybe when he was heading home. The hardest part of this new normal was that they wouldn't sleep together at night and she was having a lot of things on her mind during that time because she only wanted him near her. She used to have him near her during night and that would come her down and she would sleep peacefully.

Captain was something that Andy wanted since she was a little girl. She was happy that she got promotion and Robert got his old spot he wanted so bad. Things were finally good between them, no more fights after that one they had before Maya and Carina's wedding. They finally worked through their problems and Andy told him everything that was on her mind and everything that was bothering her. It was a rocky road but they made it through it stronger than ever.

Two hours passed and he wasn't back yet, so figure he had something more to take care of. A call came in and they all went to deal with the fire. After some time they were back at the station, running to showers to get rid of the smell and sweat.

While showering she couldn't stop thinking how their life would change in just a few months. She couldn't help herself and she caressed her flat belly thinking how she will start showing soon.
She found out yesterday and she didn't see Robert since. She was just so impatient to tell him. She knew this is something both of them want. They talked about it and agreed that when it happens it happens. They didn't want to put pressure on it since they had enough of the stress while dealing with their problems.
It didn't take them long to get pregnant. Two months of trying and universe decided to make their wish come true.
After shower she went to her office to deal with the paperwork when Ben stormed inside.

- Andy? He said almost out of breath.

- What's wrong? She got that feeling in the pit of her stomach that something horrible happened.

Ben was never kind of person who will storm like this only when it's emergency.
He didn't say much. He just said "Let's go I'm driving."

And she knew. She knew something happened to Robert. She didn't say anything she just followed him.
Andy was numb. Barely could stand on her two feet. She kept her hand on her belly trying to get some strength from her baby.

The doctor was explaining what happened, what they had to do and what they are doing now. She barely heard any of it. She wasn't present. Her body was but her mind was far away from all of it. The brain is an amazing machine.

- I need to sit down. She manages to whisper.

Luckily Ben was close enough to hear her so he helped her sit and the doctor gave her water.

Taking a few sips felt good.

- How long until I can see him? Andy said still not able to process that something actually happened.
Ben started caressing her shoulder, giving her some comfort. No one knew she is pregnant. She wanted to tell Robert first.

- A few more hours, Andy. Ben said with comforting voice.

-  What exactly happened? She asked.

Her voice calm like it wasn't a big deal. She was in shock. Still not aware of anything.

- Oh Andy.

- Tell me. She looked at Ben.

- He was getting back from his meeting when a truck lost control and hit him.