Ice cream is the best

Laura west
I placed Milly's car seat into the black g-wagon Elena insisted I took for safety because she was concerned about milly being in my mustang, I understand completely.

I pick her up and place her into her seat making sure she was buckled up right and Elena and Harry come over to say goodbye.

"Laura you are so kind doing this, you have done so much for me and this isn't even your job!" Elena turns to me and says.

"Don't be silly its my pleasure, milly is such a caring child and you two have done so well raising her" I say to the both of them.

"You're too kind, I will make sure Antonio pays you well" Harry says

"Be good mil's" they both say to her and milly giggles.

"Come on mummy and daddy you know I always am, now let's go I'm so excited" she squeals.

I spot Antonio behind them with his suit now fixed and his hair in place, I see Luca beside him and he sends me a quick wave and I send one back.

Antonio shoots glares between us and I turn around raising my eyebrows and scoffing.

I climb into the drivers seat and adjust it so I could reach the pedals. Whoever drove this last was about 10000ft tall honestly.

Before pulling out of the drive I turn to milly,
"What is your most favourite song ever" I ask her.

"All of the one direction songs" she replies.

I smile to myself so happy that was what she said, I turn round and Bluetooth connect my phone to the car clicking shuffle on one direction songs.

The ice cream parlour was about 20 minutes away and I couldn't wait.

I reversed out of the driveway and we began our drive, me and milly singing all the songs as we go.

About 10 minutes into our drive I spot a McDonald's and remember I haven't eaten all day I indicate and begin to turn into the drive thru.

"How about a happy meal before our ice cream?" I say to milly slightly turning down midnight memories by one direction.

"YES PLEASE LAURA YOU ARE THE BESTEST PERSON EVER EVER" she says bouncing in her seat uncontrollably I giggle at her;

"What would you like mil" I ask her.

"Chicken nugget happy meal please with a fruit shoot" she replies enthusiastically.

I order and hand her the happy meal and I have my chicken nuggets too.

After we have eaten it all I pull out of the McDonald's car park ready for an ice cream for pudding.

Me and milly really get along and she so intelligent for a little girl she literally sang every word to most songs by one direction word for word barely mispronouncing words. She's not like a snotty I-pad kid she likes playing games and toys and playing outside.

Simple things children no longer value.

We pull up at the ice cream parlour, it is in a gorgeous area which has a sandpit for children right next to it.

Milly gets a 2 scoop strawberry ice cream with bubblegum sauce and sprinkles and I get a 2 scoop salted caramel ice cream with vanilla sauce and sprinkles.

This place does real homemade ice cream and it reminds me of my mother she would always take me to get ice cream if she had a particularly hard mission.

Me and milly kicked off our shoes and put our feet into the sand pit while we tucked into our ice creams. It was nice weather today and I looked around watching all the families playing.