hidden tracks- afterword

So, we're finally at the end

This story has been a huge rollercoaster for me. I finished it in 2.5 months, and went through a lot of turmoil in my personal life while writing this. A second wave of covid ripped through my country, killing hundreds of thousands, and taking one of the most important people in my life. I finally graduated high school. Went through the whole stressful process of college applications and I'm still waiting for many of their decisions (as of July 2021), because due to the 2nd wave of covid, college procedures have been delayed a lot.

Anyway, throughout this whole time, when I went through so many big changes that I'm still not fully used to, this story gave me something to anchor my thoughts on. It was something I could focus on to distract myself from the bouts of depression, and honestly, it's been really helpful.

I poured all my thinking into this book, to make sure there weren't any plotholes (if there are still some, please excuse them! I'll try to go back and edit if I can) or grammatical errors. I tried to write with both brain and heart, to give this story the emotional and logical standard it deserves.

I don't know how successful I've been, mostly because writing this was very new for me. I've always stuck to writing teen fiction and romance, and attempting a planned mystery/action thriller was not something I'd thought of doing. But I tried my best, and if you've come this far, I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

It was a very draining experience, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Is there room for improvement? Of course, there always is! Which is why you are always free to give your honest feedback without being disrespectful. But please do let me know how you liked this story, and how you liked its progression.

If you still have any doubts about the plot, also feel free to ask them in the comments.

I decided to write this whole thing as a draft first and then publish it in one go, so I didn't have to constantly worry about not devoting enough time to it.

But along the way, Kaia, Marco and Miranda became a part of my daily life. They occupied a special place in my heart, and I got so invested in writing their story that at one point, my google search history looked like this lmao~

 They occupied a special place in my heart, and I got so invested in writing their story that at one point, my google search history looked like this lmao~

Now onto the question about a possible sequel before any of you ask me later: Will there be a sequel to this story?

Answer: I don't know yet. Originally, I'd planned for this book to be a standalone, but it's ended on an interesting note which has huge potential to be a sequel. I think I'd enjoy continuing Kaia and Marco's story and thinking of more thriller plots. But will I have enough time once college begins and studies resume again? That's the important part and that's exactly why I can't promise anything in the immediate future.

So don't get your hopes up, guys. There may be a sequel if I get time, or there may not.

Anyway, I'll end my rant here. I just want to thank each and every one of you for sticking with me this long, and for giving this story a chance! I'm grateful for every single vote, comment and read that you guys contribute, and I love all of you endlessly!

Signing off,
Your author.