00 | prologue

"Director Vonnegut speaking."

"Director, this is Chief Browning of Interpol. I have an urgent matter to discuss with you. I hope you're available right now."

"Hello, Chief. Please carry on."

"Two civilians placed under witness protection in London have disappeared. They were reported missing 30 minutes ago by one of our agents."

"I see. And what happened to the agents who were in charge of those civilians?"

"They were unaware of the disappearance until the civilians were already gone. The agents have been temporarily suspended for their ineptitude."

"I see."

"Director, this is an extremely, uh, sensitive case, which is why I'm requesting TIA's help here. The two civilians weren't just any ordinary people, they were Mr Mason Caldwell and Ms Amélie Beaumont."

"Oh, I understand, Chief."

"I'm sure you see now, why I'm saying this is a sensitive matter. Hence this situation needs to be handled very delicately. We are requesting you to send not more than three of your best agents on a mission to retrieve the two missing persons. And not a word of this should get out of the Agency."

"I absolutely understand, Chief Browning. I will dispatch a team of three specialists by tomorrow, and inform you of their details."

"Good, thank you Director. Keep me updated."

a/n: and there you have the prologue :) buckle in and enjoy! xx