6. Daran in the Darkness

Darkness surrounded me, I couldn't see, but could hear the screams of people. I didn't know where I was. Maybe this is what happens to people when they die, they get trapped in eternal darkness. I had dreamed of her though, she had beautiful brown hair, and gorgeous brown eyes. She had called me Jay, and although that wasn't my name, I still came to it. She had said I was her guide through life. So it was nice to know I could do something good in this desolate place.

I was walking through the darkness, suddenly I fell, and woke up in a vision. There were five people in different colored cloaks, but then another appeared. The guy looked like me, and he, unlike the others, was wearing a plain black cloak. The vision changed and all of the people with cloaks were sitting in a circle. Then, while chanting something, the fire started to grow. It swallowed the house and the people in it. Soon after the fire broke out, the firemen came and along with them the ambulances. Most of the people were being taken out on stretchers, one girl in a dark purple cloak walked right out unharmed; and moments after, the guy who looked like me was brought out in a body bag. I felt my stomach lurch, that's why I was here. I had died. Regaining my strength I continued to watch the vision. The lady in the dark purple cloak went back to the house, she was searching for something. When she couldn't find the object she snapped, she tore up what was left of the burnt house. Then she did something so despicable, she cursed the future generations. The only way the curse could be broke was if they succeeded at finding the book.

But there was one problem, I had died, so only five of the six people would be there, alive. I could not be reborn or cursed, and without me the others couldn't get the book back.