5

*we'll get to finally see Xiao's POV soon

Aether POV

" hey Xiao? "-A

" mn?" - X

" I think that I may be in love with you. "- A

".... "- X

It had been silent for a few seconds when, I felt him shift and peel himself off of me. His face was void of any expression yet, his body language was rigid and stiff, like a mannequin, moving with no real purpose.

He stood a meter away his back facing me, shoulders hunched; it was quite strange to see the Viligant Yashka in such a state.

"I- I apologize." - X

He disappeared without a trace.

I sat there, confused as if what just happened hadn't caught up to my brain. My face was frozen, hands clamy, my mouth was awfully dry.

All until, I looked down to see a small puddle on my lap.

Oh.

I was crying.

Had I just gotten rejected?

No

It couldn't possibly be so.

He had apologized.

Was that for engaging such activities in the first place with me?

Was it something else?

There was something that he wad not telling me, yet at that moment the stress overcame me and I couldn't stop. Tears came in waterfalls.

Since I had lost Lumine, I hadn't cried once, I didnt have the energy to.

Crying would mean that you were weak.

That was the last thing I wanted to be at that stage of my life.

I had to be strong, not for anyone else. But myself.

How did a stupid Yashka with no emotional experience enable me to cry so hard, the walls I had put up being smashed to pieces in his presence.

I was still sobbing when Paimon had finally came back. Where she went to I had no idea, however she startled me when she popped out of nowhere, so much so I had gained hiccups.

***

"*hic*so basically that's what*hic* happened whilst you*hic* where gone.." - A

Paimon still hadn't spoken a word. Yet in Paimon's stare I saw pity, I hated it and turned away from the strong gaze.

"if you ask me Traveller, I think that he's a big meanie and that you should stay away from him FOREVER!!

but..", Paimon groaned,

"I dont think he has any bad intentions, think about it. He's an adeptus, he's probably confused right now, he probably doesn't know what love is, much less that difficult concept of it . But YOU! you shouldn't be crying over a boy.

I know you were stressed lately, and I'm glad you seemed to let it out now, but I didn't like that this had to be the trigger!! " - P

After that long winded rant from her, I felt a lot better, refreshed even.

" thank you Paimon, I can always rely on you, that cry made me feel a lot better actually"- P

"no worries Traveller, now we mustn't invade Xiao's space any longer, let's leave!" - P