𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 || 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Start from the beginning

"Nah. She'll be fine." I told him.

We were both scared for Korra because we knew what Amon was capable of. We know she's strong and is self-reliant but it doesn't makes us any less worried.

The whole city was aware of the supposed duel, so Bolin and I stayed up listening to the radio for any new information.

The attic was dark and quiet. Bolin fell asleep quickly and Mako finally came home around thirty minutes after midnight.

"Y/N? What are you still doing up?" Mako whispered, seeing that Bolin was already asleep.

"Did you hear Korra on the radio?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"No? Why was she on the radio?"

"She challenged Amon to a duel. They were supposed to meet half an hour ago and I just couldn't sleep." I told him.

"Oh. Do we know if she's okay or anything?"

"No, and I'm getting paranoid because this stupid radio isn't telling me anything I want to know." I grumbled, walking into the kitchen to grab a snack.

"Y/N, I'm sure she's okay. I mean, it's Korra." He said, trying to reassure me.

"Korra's all lip. We watched Amon take a man's bending away.. She shouldn't have challenged him to anything, she could get hurt." I said grimly.

He didn't respond. He knew I was right. My attention left Mako and went back to the radio as I walked back to the couch.

Now, it just turned one am and Mako went to sleep while I was still under a blanket with a bag of fire flakes in my hand, listening intently to the radio.

And looking out the window to observe the journalists on the dock, facing the Avatar Aang statue.

At the back of my mind, I have a plan that if something bad happens. I'm leaving the arena and heading to memorial island.

The second I hear something go wrong, I'm out of here.

I yawned from boredom before I put the snacks down. I've been sitting down for so long, my head hurts from not doing anything.

I stood up and stretched my arms.

"You know what? Fuck this. This radio was no help at all. I'm going." I muttered to myself. In no time, I grabbed my jacket, slipped on my shoes, and ran out of the arena.

I ran through the now quiet city and to the docks where you'd take a ferry to Avatar Aang's memorial statue. There were police mobiles everywhere and news reporters all over the dock.

I couldn't exactly get through the crowd by asking politely, so I just started to shove my way through.

I ended up at the front of the crowd and saw yellow police tape before me, secluding the edge of the dock.

Since there was so much chaos, no one noticed when I went under the tape. I saw Tenzin with an arm around Korra. They were talking to some police officials and I recognized one of them as Chief Beifong.

She was at the gala last night but I didn't see her much.

I walked over to Korra, ignoring the people trying to pull me away from her.