𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 || 𝚋𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚗'𝚜 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎

"Um... Y/N? Is everything okay?" I heard a young girls voice from behind me.

I didn't care who it was but I definitely wasn't gonna let anyone see me broken down like this.

I quickly wiped my tears and tried to stop myself from sniffling.

I later recognized the girls voice as Tenzin's daughter, Jinora.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I was able to say, my voice still quivering.

I felt her get closer to me. I then felt a small gust of wind next to me. I figured she used her air bending to sit herself onto the railing.

"I can give you some company. If you'd like." She said sweetly.

I chuckled and rubbed an eye. "Sure."

"So, do you wanna talk about why you were crying?" She asked me.

I sighed out. Maybe talking to one person would hell, even if she's a kid.

"Katara told me that I have a mental disorder. And I guess I'm crying cause I'm still having some trouble processing." I said slowly.

"Oh. I'm sorry. What disorder did she say you have?"

"PTSD? It's kind of hard to explain but-"

"I know what it is. Post traumatic stress disorder. When a person has difficulty recovering over a experiencing or witnessing a considered terrifying or shocking event. I've read about it one time in a book about mental illnesses." She said casually.

Damn, this girl really knows her stuff.

"Wow. Okay then. Um, quick question. Exactly how old are you?"

"I'm ten." She said casually.

My jaw drops. "You're only ten years old?! When I was ten, I couldn't even spell 'water' right. And I'm still confused about what PTSD actually is." I told her.

We both laughed. "I like to read a lot. But I'm sure you're plenty smart too." She smiled.

"Thanks." I chuckled. I looked onto the bay.

"I wonder why they named it that. Yue Bay. It's the one thing I wasn't able to figure out. I know a lot about Avatar Aang and his friends but.." I said.

"Oh it's named after Princess Yue." She said, acting like I knew who that was.

"Uhh who?"

"She was once a princess of the Northern Water Tribe. Her story is pretty amazing."

"Really? Tell me about it." I asked her.

Jinora continued to tell me the story of Princess Yue and the sacrifice she made to restore the moon spirit.