Part 27: The Dark Brick Manor

Lilith sighed when she looked up to see Hermione gone. She fiddled with her hands and muttered to herself,

"There's an extra seat with you's like to stay? Thanks? God! Could you sound more idiotic and desperate?!" She muttered in a whisper as she gathered her things. She pulled her brown leather jacket over her shoulders and dumped all her things in her bag and left the library in a slight rush as she quickly checked her watch,

"Shit! I'm late." She quickly made her way down the halls of the castle and outside towards the forbidden forest. She slipped into the forest and trekked deep into the thick woods. Any light from the sun could barely shine through the thick canopy.

Lilith emerged into a small clearing to see a dark-colored brick manor standing tall in the woods alone. The gardens in the front looked like they once flourished but now they are overgrown and somewhat dead. Plants had grown up the side of the manor lighting it with its vibrant natural green color.

Lilith approached the manor at a quickened pace. She rapped on the large black doors and took a deep breath.

The door creaked open to show an older man dressed in a full black and white suit with white gloves holding the door. He bowed slightly and motioned for Lilith to enter,

"Welcome." He spoke with a soft voice that was rich like whiskey. Lilith slipped into the manor and quickly made her way down the halls, she seemed to be quite familiar with the place.

Lilith arrived at a door with a large gold emblem painted on it. She reached for the handle but did not grab it. She hesitated, taking a breath, and then pulled on the handle opening the door to reveal a large dining room with a long dark table in the middle.

The room went silent, every person that sat at the table turned to look at Lilith. Lilith looked upon the room to see all except one chair filled. Each person is clad in some sort of formal attire. 

She took a sharp breath when she noticed which chair was not filled.

The table looked more like the length of a conference table, it was very long and could seat a little over twenty people. The seats on the long sides were simple black wooden ones with blood-red cushions and the ones on the ends were ornate black chairs with blood-red details.

Lilith took a seat at the end of the table. Although she was tall the ornate chair was much taller and left a lot of room above her head. Once seated a silver goblet filled with a red-colored beverage and a silver platter with a steak dinner appeared in front of her,

"Welcome home Lilith," The voice at the head of the table broke the silence. 

_______________________________________

Thank you so much for reading, I just recently broke out of my writers block and I can't seem to stop writing hahaha. I hope you are all doing well and keeping safe and healthy I know left you on a bit of a cliffhanger but I like to keep you on your toes a bit, so check back next time I update, make sure to give me a follow to be notified when I update next and you can see what happens next with Lilith and the Dark Brick Manor. 

-H