Part 22: Books

Hermione quickly made her way to the library. She for some reason fumed with anger. She sat at one of the tables and slammed a stack of books on the table. The noise of the weight landing on the hardwood table top sounded through the empty library. 

She angrily muttered to herself as she flipped through the pages of the books in front of her.  She couldn't focus on the words on the page. Even in anger Hermione couldn't stop thinking about Lilith. She mumbled harsh words about the 7th year Ravenclaw, 

"She's just some player. She doesn't even care. She's like those muggle jocks that my old school mates talk about. She... ugh!!" Hermione sat down in anger and let her head fall into her hands. She sat in silence for a long moment. She sighed, "Fuck you Lilith," She whispered to herself quietly. She slammed the books infront of her shut and leaned back in her chair holding her hands over her eyes. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilith lay on the soft grass, the sun shone on her and the few friends she was with. She smiled as they all laughed together. Of course she wasn't truly happy, but small moments could brighten her day just slightly. Hermione was good at that. 

Lilith turned on her side to see Hermione sitting on the bench under the tree with her friends. Lilith gave a soft smile and watched as Hermione abruptly stood and ran off. 

The hufflepuff girl that Lilith was with slapped her gently on the arm to get her to turn around. With a sight Lilith turned and smiled at the girl. She was sweet enough, wholesome and was infatuated by Lilith. They chatted on the grass together with their friends. 

Lilith never really liked those who so outwardly would swoon over her, knowing that it's all just about her looks, her physique skill. It was never about her person. She always hated thinking about these situations as it often made her feel guilty, like she was trying to paint herself as the one every girl wants. In truth a lot of the girls at hogwarts wanted Lilith, but not all of them. 

Lilith stood quickly taking a deep breath and exhaling heavily. She spoke to her friends softly, 

"I must be off, things to do places to be. It was wonderful seeing you all." She picked her bag up on the way out. She let her face drop, the facade of her smile disappeared as she walked down the corridors of the school and into the library. 

The sound of books slamming on a table startled Lilith. she looked around and didnt immediately see anyone. She began to browse the selection the school offers. Most of the books here didnt sound very thrilling to Lilith. Her fingers brushed over the Herbology titles when she heard a faint muttering from the other side of the shelf. 

She tried not to listen it, but couldn't help herself, it was the only noise in the whole room. She pulled a book from the shelf and began to skim the pages as she listened to the person on the other side mumble. 

Lilith startled again when she heard the books slam shut. She placed the herbology book she had taken off the shelf back in its place and peered beyond the books. She saw a stack of books on the table and a girl sitting in a chair. As Lilith rounded the corner to speak to the girl she heard those words, 

"Fuck you Lilith," 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you my peoples for reading, I know this isn't my best work, I feel like i'm not producing as good of content as I used to but I still want to get stuff out to you all. Thank you for 9k reads that's INSANE! thank you so much, hope you all are staying safe and healthy and I'll catch you all later, much love, 

-Harley