𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌

It's the next morning and the sun was shining bright. I woke up feeling a lot better. I knew that I had to give James his space. I had to have a positive day and keep myself happy for the sake of the baby.

As I got up I looked in the mirror and noticed I was already gaining weight. The bump was already showing. I chuckled as I rubbed my stomach.

"Hang in there little one." I whisper to my belly.

I do my hygiene and got ready. Today we were all going to this golf course that Ralph Lauren was hosting this afternoon.

The dress I wanted to wear could barely fit me so I chose a different one. Thank god it fit cause I didn't bring anymore.

I walked down the big stairs and made my way down the stairs saying good morning to everyone as I made my way to the dining room

Everyone was already seated eating breakfast. I greet everyone as I take a seat next to my dad.

Aaliyah was sat opposite completely ignoring me. I had to apologise for shouting at her but it was too early for that.

As we all ate and talked for a bit we hear the doorbell.

"I'll get it." I say standing up from my seat and making my way towards the front door.

I hoped it was James as I opened the door. Instead I was shocked by who it was.

It was uncle Terrence, my dad's older brother.

Him and my father barely got along. Uncle Terence was clearly jealous of my dad, it said it all.

But I was so confused on how he was here. Who would have invited him?

"Uncle Terrence?" I say completely confused.

"Well if it isn't Nadiné herself. It's been way too long since I've seen my niece hasn't it?" He replied in his strong accent.

"What are you doing here?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Well I heard there was a family gathering so why not stop by?" He replied stepping inside.

I shut the door still puzzled.

"Looks like I have been gone for a bit too long." He says surprised looking down on my pregnant belly.

I roll my eye completely ignoring him.

"Well where is everyone?" He asked looking around the house.

"Follow me." I said making my way back to the dining room.

"Guys look who is here." I said rolling my eyes as Uncle Terrence walks in.

Ms Loretta nearly chokes as they all stare at him.

"Tf is he doing here?" My dad asked staring at him with rage.

"There is no need for the commotion. I'm simply here to spend time with my family." He smirked as he took a seat at the end of the table.

The energy that was once in the room had completely vanished. I had never seen my father so angry before.

"Tanisha, long time no see." Terrence smirked looking over at her.

"Nigga don't speak to me." My momma replied with attitude.

"Guys lets all just calm down. Its way too early for the pettiness." I sighed sitting in my chair.

My parents continued to stare Uncle Terrence up and down with pure hatred for the rest of the breakfast.

I never fully understood why Uncle Terrence was hated so much. Every time I asked my dad, he would say the same thing 'it's complicated'.

I was still so confused as to why he was here in the first place.

A few moments passed and we were all finishing getting ready for the golf course event.

As we are all leaving the house, I notice Uncle Terrence and Dante talking about something. I was too far away to hear but it was definitely something. I was curious for a moment but I couldn't be asked.

I made my way towards the car and decided to go with my parents since me and Aaliyah were not on speaking terms.

As I sat in the car, flashbacks of yesterday came to my head. Seeing James leave like that literally tore me.

I'm boutta reach 2 months and this bump is growing fast.

"You okay dear?" My dad asked me.

"Yea I'm good thanks." I replied with a slight smile looking back out the window.

My dad was trying his best to look after me especially since I'm carrying his grandchild.

The more I think about this pregnancy the more anxious I feel. I never thought in a million years I would be having a child especially with James.

My life has changed drastically it still surprised me...