8. Special for you.

{Jon}

At 8 'o clock, after a full evening with his sisters' constant chatter and all the White family Christmas nostalgia, Jon was wishing he'd had a nap instead of a shower and supper. There wasn't enough time in the world for how much he wanted to sleep. The only thing he loved more than sleep right now was making his boyfriend sing with pleasure under his hands in the dark at the end of the day. It was a moment of happiness so absorbing that all his worries and responsibilities blinked out of existence and he was just Jon loving Kurt.

At other times of day, caught up in the seriousness of everything he'd committed to, Jon worried that there was something wrong with him. His thoughts had become so narrowed that he really only had space for the next assignment, the next class, the next shift, the next time he could put his hands on Kurt. And sleep. No more than one day ahead.

His sisters were helping clean up (Bea was actually just licking out the lasagna dish) when Kurt caught Jon's arm, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "Hey, mind if I steal you away?" he asked. "Douglas says he'll look after the girls. Meet me in my bed in five?"

Jon's mouth lifted and he nodded. A little bump of anticipation made his heart rate pick up and he felt like maybe he didn't need that nap after all.

After four minutes of making small talk with Cary he couldn't wait any longer. He jogged up the stairs and tapped on Kurt's door, then swung it open.

Kurt jumped onto the bed, his robe spread around him like the wings of a bird, and grinned.

The room was not recognizable; it was like stepping into a pocket universe of candlelight and jazz fusion and the smell of beeswax and roses, all held within the embrace of lush red curving fabric walls. Dazed, Jon closed the door behind him. Something cool touched his foot through his sock and he shied back before he realized there were rose petals carpeting the floor. After a second, his eyes adjusted to the warm, flickering light and he could see that Kurt had hung a tent over his bed, the fabric sides pooling on the floor around his room. A sea of candles lined a rose-petal strewn path to the bed.

Jon blinked, his breath catching as he brought his eyes back down to Kurt's face.

Kurt had his fingers over his mouth, watching him. "I wanted to get you something for your birthday but it was a little short notice. All I have to give you is me."

Jon turned his face to the side, overwhelmed. His eyes wandered up over the sides of the tent again. "This is amazing, Kurt. It's like something out of a fairy tale."

"C'mere," Kurt said, patting the bed beside him. "Come inside my fancy blanket fort. This doesn't have to be anything more than back rubs and stories like we planned. I just wanted tonight to feel...special for you, on your birthday."

Laughing a little, Jon picked his way through the candles and climbed onto the bed, rolling onto his back to admire the peak of the tent. "Does Cary know you put bolts in his ceiling?"

Kurt chuckled. "I can always fill them back in. If I ever go back to a tent-free room. I kinda like it this way." He laid down on his side, pulling Jon closer.

*Some playful 14A sexy stuff ahead...*

Jon's arm brushed the skin of his stomach; Kurt was nearly bare under his robe. The familiar scent of candles and Kurt's musky hair product made his body warm and relax, tuning him into just this moment. Jon started to unbutton his flannel shirt, but Kurt batted his fingers away.

"It's your birthday, darlin'. I'm doing all the work tonight. You just lie back and enjoy the ride." His fingers started to open Jon's shirt with what felt like agonizing slowness.