Chapter Twenty Seven: The Visitor (Under Edit)

"The Queen and I will see you in the parlour now and I strongly suggest you keep nothing from us,"

Thranduil rolled his eyes as he lounged upon the bed listening to the endless scratching of a quill in the next room. "Melleth nin, enough, come to bed!" Even the most patient of kings could be tested when it came to desiring the company of their queens. 

"I am almost finished," Alethris called back.

"You said that when there was still light in the sky. Now the stars are at their brightest," replied Thranduil. He was not prepared to wait for her any longer. Smirking, he rose and went into the adjoining room of their suite. Alethris was sitting at a desk in the small dayroom, busily writing a report to King Elessar. He came up behind her, placing his hands gently on her shoulders and kissing the top of her head. Alethris giggled slightly and he slid his hands down her arms to her ink-stained fingers. Taking care not to smudge her carefully written report, he took the quill from her, putting it back in its holder. "I said, that was enough for tonight," he whispered softly. And began kissing her hair and neck. 

Alethris cooed, then turned on the stool and pulled him close. As they kissed her form changed into one of light and radiance. Thranduil could feel the strength of her Fea enveloping him like a warm blanket. Without breaking away from their kiss, they returned to the bedroom before disrobing and surrendering to the heat of their passion. When suddenly there was a soft knock at the door. 

Thranduil looked deeply into Alethris's silver eyes. "Ignore it Thorwen," he whispered. But the knocking continued. 

"King Thranduil, Gracious Queen, I must speak with you urgently!" Glorfindel's voice called from the other side of the door.

"Sounds important," Alethris whispered to Thranduil and she slowly returned to her mortal form.

"Yes," said Thranduil through gritted teeth. He rose from the bed, begrudgingly put on his bedrobe and went to answer the door. Alethris did likewise and followed him into the day room.

Thranduil flung open the door. "Glorfindel! For what do we owe the pleasure of your company at this hour?" 

Glorfindel's cheeks were slightly flushed, whether, with urgency or embarrassment, Thranduil could not tell but it amused him all the same. "My apologies, King Thranduil, Gracious Queen, but Elladan and Elrohir have returned from the Dúnedain encampment near Annúminas.

"They are back earlier than expected," replied Alethris.

Thranduil frowned, they had been disturbed for this? "Could this not have waited till morning?" he snapped. 

"I am afraid not, it is a matter of urgency," said Glorfindel. 

(under edit)

"Very well," said Thranduil begrudgingly.

Glorfindel was waiting outside the Parlour as they arrived. "Apologies again for summoning you, but this cannot wait," he whispered. Inside the parlour, Elladan and Elrohir were sitting at the table with a hooded figure in ranger's garb, upon seeing Márafea the brothers sprang up and embraced her.

"Did you get word to Halben or Dolenbar?" she asked.

"In a manner of speaking," said Elrohir. The figure stood up, slowly removing their hood. A long dark braid dropping to her waist as her hard grey eyes fell upon Márafea.

"You are older than I thought you would be, do you have the seal?" she said.

Thranduil stifled his amusement.