Chapter Eleven: The Fountain

"I think the choice is not who we love, but how we act upon the love we feel."

Anberenien and Thurindaer stood by the window together, watching the preparations for the wedding taking place below. "My Lady Princess, Elweth approaches," Faelnith whispered behind them.

Quickly, Anberenien moved away from the window and settled herself in one of the couches as Elweth walked purposely into the solar. "Princess Anberenien, you have a visitor, Prince Legolas."

"Thank you, Elweth, please show him in."

Elweth ushered Legolas into the sitting room with an air of uneasiness, then left as he and Anberenien exchanged greetings. Legolas frowned when he saw Thurindaer was present. "Send him away. I would speak with you in private."

Before Anberenien could reply, Thurindaer turned towards Legolas and bowed low. "My Lord Prince," he whispered, then entered the box room.

Legolas's eyes followed Thurindaer and did not return to Anberenien until the box room door was safely closed. "Since when did Ada take such a strange Elf into his service?"

"A lot has changed since you went away, Legolas."

"So I see." Legolas then turned his gaze back to Anberenien. "Apologies, we have not spoken properly since you arrived. My father? Is he well? How bad did things get?" Then he told Anberenien all that had happened on the quest for the ring.

"So you made friends with Gimli? I wonder what your father will say?"

"Gimli is my best friend and like a brother to me, Thorwen. We have shared so much on our travels. But please, tell me news of home. I am anxious to know what happened." Anberenien told him of the battle of the trees and what took place there. "They are now busy with rebuilding and restoring. Your father is perfectly fine but misses you terribly. He cannot wait for you to return home."

"Oh, I long to see him, too. Being imprisoned at Dol Guldur must have been awful for you, and then for my uncle to be slain like that. Those vile creatures got what they deserved!" He then explained how he had been called to bear witness."The priests refused to recognise the court and justified their cruel deeds. They continued to spout their vile beliefs, claiming Morgoth and Sauron would one day return. It was fortunate King Elessar held the proceedings in private. Few could have stomached both evidence and testimony. Even Borion, the Captain of the Knights, wept as he gave his testimony. His account visibly moved King Elessar. Such was the seriousness of their crimes, King Elessar could not give them a merciful end. They were hanged by the neck at the city walls. Mithrandir and I attended the execution. It was not quick."

Anberenien glanced at her arms. "Yes, but it cannot undo what was done."

Legolas nodded in agreement and squeezed her hand. "So the forest is now called Eryn Lasgalen."

"Yes, your father controls the north as far as the mountains and Grandfather the south below the narrows as East Lorien. The middle is for the Beornings."

"So many changes to get used to. Still, I must take my leave of you now. We have a wedding to prepare for."

Legolas then took his leave of her. After he left, Thurindaer emerged from the box room, his hood down. "Best friends, with a dwarf, eh?"

"He is suspicious, Melleth nin."

Thurindaer laughed. "Not suspicious enough, and so our little game continues. Still, it was good to see him. He has certainly grown in stature; the expedition has done him good."

----------------------------------

Anberenien kept her composure as she held Arwen's train as the wedding procession made its way to the steps of the white tower, where King Elessar and Gandalf awaited them. All eyes were upon them as the ceremony unfolded in the bright sunshine. The bride and groom made their vows, then a page presented the rings of wedlock. Once all the formalities were concluded, a great cheer went up as Gandalf declared the couple High King and Queen of the Reunited Realm.

Princess of Arnor - The King's Regent (Under Edit)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें