Part 8 - The Escape

Sanjana woke up early morning as she slept early, she thought of yesterdays events, how when she broke down and Viraj consoled her. She was not ashamed of crying but it was the first time in life she has opened up like this. After the death of her mother and brother she was very depressed but after her father married, she felt alone, she felt abandoned. She kept herself busy to not think about the past but she knew she was just avoiding her feelings. She got up and rushed outside the room so that she doesn't have to confront Viraj, she was worried that what must he be thinking about her.

Sanjana was helping Mahima with the breakfast when Viraj walked in,
"Good Morning",
"Good Morning", both of them replied. Viraj was seeing that Sanjana was avoiding his gaze, so he got up and went on the other side of the room with Gautham.

"Hope you slept well and how is your leg.", Gautham asks.

"Sleep was good but my leg still pains alot"

"Sanjana went to hospital right, did she not change your dressing?"

"She was not feeling well yesterday, so I let her rest"

"That is kind of you but don't neglect your leg like that"

"Yeah will get it changed today. How is the condition outside?"

"It's getting worse day by day. This life is not what we desire. We need peace. Our kids need school. We need life. This army people are supposed to help us but they keep making things worse."

"It's not like that, I am sure they try their best."

"You think this is the best !! Our children are stuck at home, our ladies are scared to go out. We are been looted every other day."

"I know, hope things get better soon."

"It is a endless topic. I wanted to talk to you about something else also."

"Yes tell me"

"How long are you guys going to stay ? I have had a small harvest yesterday. I mostly stored the crops at my friends house as I don't want to cause you inconvenience but the storage their is full. I just want to store some in the room you guys are staying. Please don't mind we have no option as if we store at farm their are high chances of being looted"

"Gautham you don't need to be sorry, we are already staying and causing you problem. Please feel free to store stuff as it is your storage room!!"

"Thank you, I will ask the workers to put them in your room."

"Okay", Viraj replies and they hear Mahima calling for food, so they go.

After breakfast Viraj and Sanjana were sitting with kids and Viraj asked,

"Did you try contacting your family?"

"I charged my mobile yesterday and tried, the networks are totally down"

"Oh but keep your mobile with you and keep checking, I am sure they must be worried"

"I always keep it with me"

"Thats good"

"Hmm.. I am sorry for yesterday. I was.."

"Hey its okay. To make things better if you want to do something I can tell you"

"Please do tell me"

"My leg pains like hell and I am not able to feel or move my toes"

"Oh my God!! I am so sorry, I got so busy in myself yesterday that I forgot about you. Let me go get my bag from the room."