Hukmaraan- ۵

CABINET MINISTER GASHKORI HAVING AN AFFAIR?

The young Parliament Member was seen with a beautiful woman while they attended the annual exhibition of the Belgian Royal Museum of Fine Arts. The couple looked very familiar with their surroundings hinting at a possibility of their long association with each other and the country. Furthermore, they were captured on various occasions throughout the town while taking a stroll in the park, going horse riding together or buying groceries at the farmers market.

Is this the end of his marriage with a wife the world is yet to be introduced to?

Head over to page six for more on Minister Mahad Gashkori and his sordid escapades with his mistress!

Dur Afshaan did just that and sure enough, the entire page was plastered with images of her husband and a woman who's face was always hidden from the camera. Like the angle was constantly kept away from her face but carefully capturing Mahad's face in detail.

There was one picture where he was holding shopping bags and standing behind the woman who was visibly arguing with the vendor over the produce. Another one was where they were casually walking under a bridge like many others and yet another one was captured minutes later when Mahad was kissing that woman's head as he pulled her in his embrace. The biggest one was of Mahad sitting behind the woman on a black stallion while holding her with one hand and the horse's reins with the other. And yet again the woman was looking sideways while Mahad looked at her as if she's the single most important person in the world!

Dur Afshaan marched angrily to her husband who was in the midst of attending a call in their study but looked up as soon as she banged the door open and furiously slammed the newspaper on his table. She folded her arms and waited for him to react but the man just smiled apologetically at her before mouthing a silent Chief Minister to her.

So the Head of the State was now more important to him than his wife? Than explaining the article!

She banged the door on her way out as well and Mahad sighed in defeat before answering the Chief Minister's questions about the new policy that was to be passed in the Parliament day after tomorrow. Even if he wants, he just cannot abandon the call and run after his angry wife.

His eyes did however fall on the newspaper and they widened in shocked disbelief!

What the heck!

Mahad replied as patiently as his state of mind allowed him to and was relieved when the Chief Minister thought it was enough for the day. He hurriedly said his goodbye and didn't even bother with placing the receiver in the holder before running out of the room.

" Afshi?" He called out to his wife but was met with silence.

" Afshaan!" Silence again.

Mahad sighed and walked out to the small kitchen garden that they had planted last spring and sure enough, his wife was angrily tending to the carrots, probably imagining his face when she cut off their leaves.

" Baby?" He approached her cautiously and jumped back when a carrot almost hit him in the face.

" I don't want to see your face right now Mahad" she said without looking at him.

" Babe just..." Mahad was cut short again by her angry response.

Distaste in his mouth when he heard his name from her.

Mahad!

" Aap please yaha se jaayein. Mujhe abhi aapka chehra dekhkar sirf gussa aaraha hain" Dur Afshaan glared at him and he had the good sense of backing off.