Chapter 19

Chapter 19 - Unpopular opinions and ultimate death

It's a few days before Christmas break and I'm so excited.

I whipped my duvet off me, stretching and letting my bones crack. I tied my hair back into a ponytail and went to shower.

I turned on my speaker, blasting music and singing along to the lyrics as I showered.

Meanwhile downstairs

The Maestris had gathered in the dining room for breakfast and were all sitting peacefully, until they heard music booming from upstairs, making the house vibrate. One of them rolled their eyes. "Why is she so happy this morning?" he asked.

Another answered, "God knows, that girl never has one mood."

"I'm sorry but why is she part of our family again? We hardly know her. She's changing everything that we had." A boy with a tattoo on his neck exclaimed, trying to prove a point.

"How has she done that?" The man at the head of the table inquired.

"Well first of all Jay and Hay don't fight at all anymore, and to be honest it's quite boring. We've been doing so much shit together; I hardly have a private life anymore. She's worthless, we don't even know anything about her. She comes waltzing into our home as if she owns it and changes the flow of this place. Dad's opening accounts in her name and signing contracts for her too. And what's the point of her being in this house if she doesn't even know what goes on behind the whole thing. We're just playing a whole facade and she doesn't even realise it. If we weren't going to tell her the truth, then why is she here? She's useless, and she's not even our sister so don't argue." He shouted at all of them, trying to prove his point.

"She is not useless or worthless, she is our daughter and your sister so do not say that about her, she is just as much our child as you are." The only woman there spoke up against her son.

"Mom, why do you care so much for her? You didn't even raise her, she's a stray you guys have picked up from the street and given shelter and food to. She's nobody. Not one of us here know her at all and not one of us here has even told her we love her or accept her in any way." He said arguing again.

"Yeah, but we remember her," a blonde headed man spoke up, pointing to himself and another stern man next to him.

"Don't you think I remember her too? That night is the only thing I remember of her, and her presence doesn't let me forget it. I hate it. I hate her." He exclaimed, still arguing.

"And I told her I love her," a bleach blonde said. "Oh, and for your information, she knows." the bleach blonde spoke. Their mother narrowed her eyes at him. "She knows about everything." he said and explained the story.

"So did I," a quiet but harsh voice said, "I told her I loved her". The boy with the tattoo stared at the tan boy with disbelief.

"You? You told her you love her after everything. You know, you know she doesn't deserve to be a part of this family, why couldn't we have just let her stay in the UK, and she could have gone into the system and been taken in by a family that actually wants her." he said, a sour look on his face.

"Enough!" the man at the head of the table shouted. "I do not want to hear another word of this bullshit in my house again. If you have a problem with the people in this household either leave or put up with it!"

The boy with the tattoo looked down in shame at his father's words.

They heard the faint sound of a door shutting and a quiet sob.