゚゚・ 07 - ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜱᴄʀɪᴍᴍᴀɢᴇ ゚゚

𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏~♡

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯
1:35 ───ㅇ───── 3:47

𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐅 𝐆𝐎𝐃 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐍' 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓❞
ᴋᴇɴᴅʀɪᴄᴋ ʟᴀᴍᴀʀ

≪ °❈° ≫

y/n stretched her arms out, before waltzing onto the court. She had heard all of the rumors about the boy's team, they were growing stronger.

When she heard about them beating Aoba Johsai in a practice match, she was stunned. Karasuno hasn't been good at volleyball for such a long time, she was glad the name was coming back.

You got low, awaiting the serve from the opposite side of the court. You had some great players on your team.

At middle back played Daichi, the captain of the team. The other wing spiker was Tanaka, who gave off quite an impression earlier that practice. At right-back stood a boy named Ennoshita, she had briefly talked to him before the game to get a feel for his skills. To top everything off, you had the iconic duo you had heard so many great things about.

Kageyama and Hinata.

Your gaze shifted across the court, a scowl forming on the your face. You were matched up against blondie.

He didn't seem to be paying attention to you, merely awaiting the service of his friend. He quickly noticed your eyes fixated on him, looking at you with an eyebrow raised. "Nervous?" The boy smirked down at you. You narrowed your eyes, biting your tongue for the sake of the team.

"Not at all."

You bit back, turning away from the boy just on the other side of the net. Just by observing some people play, she determined her side had much more offensive power.

Usually, by the first set of the game, you were able to figure out the weak points and stable points of your opponents, which was truly helpful for the entire team.

You were able to see through plays, and predict your opponent's next movement. On good days when you were entirely focused, you were able to predict where the ball would land by the angle of the spin.

These were one of the many reasons you were scouted from an early age. You didn't only play the game,

Your entire thought process was the game.

You watched the green-headed boy gulp, a nervous look laced in his eyes. "Good serve!" You heard the assistant captain speak, a wide smile on his face. Yamaguchi nodded, tossing the ball upwards and hitting it with force.

A jump float

"Daichi to your right!" You called out loudly. Daichi reacted to your words, shuffling a few feet to the right. The entire gym watched as the ball curved to the right, landing perfectly in the captain's forearms.

"Nice receive!" Tanaka called out, slowly gravitating to the net. You watched as the ball flew up perfectly to the setter position. Kageyama got into position, his hands raising above his forehead.

Both you and Hinata ran forward, awaiting the ball. It was almost as if their moves were synchronized. They both jumped, Hinata slightly higher in the air than you. Kageyama sent the ball quickly with perfect accuracy.

"Y/N!"

You smirked mid-air. The opening point for your team would be scored by you.

'What an honor'

You lined up the ball and your hand, swinging forward with as much force you could muster up. You felt your palm hit the core of the ball, allowing chills to run down your spine.

A perfect hit

It happened so fast you could barely react. The girl landed awkwardly on her ankle, falling down backward, she quickly turning her head around. The echo of the ball bouncing against the ground softly filled the gym, stunning everyone.

'Why's the ball on my side?'

You thought, eyes wide. "W-What..." You stuttered out. You turned back to face the net, looking upwards, you locked eyes with the pair of arms that blocked the ball.

Blocked the ball

Appearing in your vision, Tanaka squatted down to the girl's level. "Y/N are you alright?!" He asked, grabbing your hands and lifting you with little effort.

"Yeah... I'm fine." You grumbled.

"Y/N I'm sorry, that set was too close to the net. I'll do better I swear!" Kageyama apologized, genuine concern in his expression.

A chuckle caught the attention of the court, fixating their gazes on the blonde.

"You know you're not so bad for 5'4. If you grew a little you'd almost be scary!" Tsukishima grinned, crossing his arms. A scowl appeared on every face within your side of the court, every bit of them wanting to tear him apart.

"Shut your damn mouth Four-Eyes!" You spoke up over the loud retaliation on your side of the court.

"That was one point dickwad," You raised your arm, pointing at the boy. "I'll be scoring the next one." You glared, raising the brows of many on the court at the confidence you held.

"I really don't care about scrimmages," Tsukishima shrugged, "But seeing you act so confident makes me want to beat you that much more." He smiled, hovering his hands next to the net in an athletic stance.

You smirked, walking over to Kageyama. You pulled him in close, waving Hinata over to join their huddle. Tsukishima raised a brow, slightly confused.

'You just announced that you were gonna get the ball next, why plan with the setter?' He thought, his gaze fixated on the girl.

'Why bring Hinata over?'

"Alright! I'm ready!" You announced, skipping to her position. "The ball is coming to me," You said with certainty in your voice.

Yamaguchi grabbed the ball once again, and served it over. The ball held no spin, threatening to drop at any moment. "Ennoshita! Yours!" You called out, startling the boy slightly at the sound of his name. He straightened himself out, receiving the ball and pushing it towards the setter.

Kageyama got into position, hands in the air. You, Tanaka, and Hinata all steadied themselves for an attack.

'Who's he gonna set it to?' Tsukishima eyed the ball, turning his gaze to the hitters. 'Y/N said she was gonna hit it, but why pull Hinata in the huddle?' The blonde thought, his face turning sour. 'It can't be Tanaka. It's either her or Hinata. Is she trying to trick me?'

A sudden breeze tickled the back of the boy's neck.

Tsukishima's eyes widened in horror, turning his head to look at the ball rolling on his side of the court.

He turned back to face the net, meeting your eyes. "I told you I was gonna hit it. Didn't I?" You grinned, tilting your head to the side.

Tsukishima snickered, averting his eyes away from the girl.

'I was right. He does play logically.' You silently praised yourself.

"Nice Kill!" Daichi applauded, smiling. "That was so awesome Y/N!" Did you hear the way it hit the ground?! That was so totally cool!" Hinata beamed, his fists balled up.

"Don't get excited now Hinata," You smirked shifting your attention to your opponents.

"We still have 24 points left."