chapter six: happy pill

"Did you get overdosed with happy pills or what?" Deiji asks the next morning when Kyo accompanies her to the filming set of NCT Dream.

  Despite not being part of the design, stylist, hairdresser and etcetera part of the staff, Jinkyong still is very much welcome.

  It especially being easier to be part of the team since she's already acquainted with Deiji.

  "Hm? What do you mean?" Kyo chirps, practically skipping down the corridor and her cousin looks at her weirdly.

  "You look like you just inhaled drugs for breakfast with all that jumping. What is up?"

  Kyo giggles and hops higher, ecstatic. "The sKY!!"

  "Oh my gosh, she ate Mario," Deiji gasps sarcastically and raises her hands in surrender. "Alright, I'm out."

  She slips into the doors of the large filming set and Kyo tails giddily.

  "Deiji, you're here! Oh, and Kyo too! Hi!!" Gyuri waves ecstatically at the second and Jinkyong reacts just as enthusiastic.

  Deiji greets back and looks around. "Where's Dream?"

  Gyuri and her start walking as they talk.
"Dressing room. They should be done soon."

  Just as Gyuri said that, Jeno's done with preparation and walks out to the set- scanning and instantly spotting Jinkyong.

  "Hello!"

  He can hear her bubbly chirp from far away and he laughs- approaching the oblivious girl who's roaming around the refreshments table.

  "Are you hungry? You can take some," Jeno says and Jinkyong jolts but forms a wide grin instantly at the sight of him- exposing her bunny teeth.

  "Hi!"

  "Hey," Jeno chuckles, eyes in scintillating crescents at her joy. "Did something happen to get you so happy in the morning?"

  She emits a mischievous 'hehe' before saying, "Well, I did get called pretty by my bias."

   The moment from yesterday resurfaces in Jeno's mind and he turns shy yet, amazed at how direct Jinkyong is.

  "Ah, I see..." Jeno mumbles bashfully and she titters.

  She joins her hands behind her and swivels to finally scan the set. "So, Deiji told me you guys were gonna shoot for a brand."

  "Yeah, a drink brand- has all the fruity flavours and pulp," Jeno briefly explains.

  "Have you tasted it? Do you like it?"

  The idol nods. "We were told to test them out before but honestly, it's not really my taste. Too sweet."

  "Ohh, I relate. I'm not a big fan of sweets, either," Jinkyong tells.

  Jeno turns to her. "But, what about me?"

  She does the same but with eyes widened slightly upon understanding his playful question. "What?"

  "Alright, Dreamies, get on set! We'll have a few runs to see how everything turns out!" The director calls and Jeno smiles at her- a smile both endearing yet, teasing at the same time as he ambles away.

  Kyo scoffs in disbelief, lips pulled to a grin.

  He's always a man of surprise.

  CLICK!

  The camera goes as it takes pictures of the Dream members.

  "Alright! Looks good!" The photographer says and Jeno shifts his focus to Jinkyong to witness her aggressively cupping her red cheeks and lips puckered like a duck from the force.

  His eyesmile surfaces and the shooting continues.