chapter fourty-seven; uncut

"Hot rookie idol group, CODE, has surpassed our weekly, top famous song with their debut track, 'Glitch,' which was composed by popular composer Meraki who has recently reported to be a genius creator with all the hit songs they have made."

  Meraki, aka. Jinkyong, and Jeno cheer with hands in the air as they sit together at the dining area of the girl's abode- him already acting like it's his second home.

  "Wah~ My girlfriend is so amazing. Such a genius composer," Jeno flatters and she scoffs at the ridiculousness.

  "Oh, stop it. Anyways, tteok?" She suggests and he nods.

  She leaves to make the instant rice cake and he's just about to follow when his phone chimes, seeing article links sent by his manager.

NCT JENO'S GIRLFRIEND SUSPECTED TO
BE SOMEONE WHO WORKS IN THE
SAME INDUSTRY

JENO'S 'FACELESS' GIRLFRIEND
SUSPECTED TO BE A COMPOSER WHO
WORKS FOR SM ENTERTAINMENT

  They're getting closer- much to Jeno and Jinkyong's delight.

  They've been leaving hints here and there in their social medias but nothing too obvious. Still, fans are sharp or judgemental enough to catch.

  "What are you looking at?" Kyo peers over his shoulder and he shows his screen.
"Ahh, the articles? I saw them and have never been more proud."

  Jeno chuckles and turns his head to give her cheek a peck.
"Is that so? This makes you prouder than those gold awards and certificates in your room?"

  She shoots him a look that clearly says, "Duh, obviously."

  He stares tenderly with his crescent eyes. Cute.

  "Come and taste the sauce for me," Kyo then, invites and he obediently follows, smile retained and mood sunny despite the cloudy sky outside.

-

  Drip! Drop!

  The sky cries and pools of its tears form on the dents of the ground.

  Jinkyong looks at the one in front of her, staring at her shaky reflection before drawing a circle with her waterproof sneaker.

  Vacant and cold the park is. All its visitors rushing home the moment light, wet drops were felt.

  But Jinkyong remains.

SM ENTERTAINMENT AND GALA
ENTERTAINMENT RELEASE OFFICIAL
STATEMENT ABOUT NCT HAECHAN
AND CODE MOON DATING RUMOURS

SM ENTERTAINMENT AND GALA
ENTERTAINMENT CONFIRM DATING
RUMOURS OF NCT HAECHAN AND
CODE MOON

  She's been rereading the title since before, happy at it but at the same time envious.

  Would SM do the same for her and Jeno?

  Unlike Eunwol who's arose to be a hot rookie idol within an incredibly short span of time, Jinkyong is someone who works behind the curtains.

  True, she's created countless hit songs but rarely anyone pays attention to the composers other than those of the same occupation and entertainment companies to choose the best of the best songwriters.

  "Should I just threaten them and say I won't work with them anymore?" She mumbles to herself, thinking of what she'll do if SM refuses to confirm that she and Jeno are dating.

  She shakes her head. Let's not resort to force.

  Her phone chimes to show that NCT Dream's live show just started and she clicks on the notification.

  Halfway through the show, she moves to sit inside her car for clearer sound from the rain of cats and dogs.

  Sure enough, the idols and MC's voices are more audible.

  "We've reached the time for the 'Hot Topic' of the day where we soothe the fans' curiosity towards their favourite idols. For our question today, which is the most famous question submitted by fans; 'Who exactly is Jeno's 'faceless' girlfriend?'
  "Now, just in case there are still people who are confused, do you actually have a girlfriend?"

  Jinkyong's heart drops. These questions are often asked before but Jeno tends to avoid based on Kyo's request so in the end, the clip gets cut.

  But now, is a live show. They can't cut this.

  So, Jenoㅡ

  "Yeah, I most definitely do," the said idol replies almost instantly and turns to the camera with a sweet, loving smile, as if knowing she's staring right back at him through the screen.
"And I'll tell you who she is."