Chapter 19

Ann Clarkson

A few days have passed from my trip and now here I am, working from nine to five and sometimes I just stay here 'till midnight to finish my boss's projects. With Christian and Liam's publishing got postponed 'cause of the Haute Couture stuff. I need to get it done before the end of this week.

.

.

.

.

"Excuse me sir." I knocked on the door.

"Come in." He shouted.

"Mr. Walter, would you mind looking at my newest revision for next week's publishing?" I stood under the door frame.

"I'mma check on it later, just finish the whole magazine first." He said lazily.

I swear to God he knew how to get onto my nerves.

.

.

"Ann, you want some coffee?" My friend Mia handed me a cup of coffee as I typed some more adjustments.

"Oh, thank you very much Mia." I held the cup that she gave to me.

Well, we've been friends since I got this promotion. Her desk is just across from mine so it's not a rare occasion where we talked around in our free-time.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Hey, could you scan this for me?" He threw a pile of paper onto my desk after attending a meeting.

"Yes sir, and there have been three calls from Mr. Russell."

"Shit." He walked faster to his office.

Well, that pretty much sums up my usual days from Monday to Friday. I just slowly got used to this same thing after maybe a month here. Well, I've got no plan after all of this apart from dropping off to Xander's penthouse later on. I would stay at his house every weekend now and then and he would stay at mine the other weekends.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Excuse me sir, I've finished all of my work. Is there anything else that I could help with?" I knocked onto the door.

"There's one actually."

"Evening Ms. Clarkson, are you done with your work yet?" Xander placed his head on my shoulder, scaring the crap outta me.

"Well, I am... "

"And? Excuse her for the rest." He held my hand and off we went to the elevator.

.

.

"Xander you can't keep on doing this."

"Well, it's our date night isn't it?" He fondled my chin.