41|All Bark And No Bite.

#1443 AH.
HAPPY NEW ISLAMIC Year lovelies. May this year be filled with blessings upon blessings, noor upon noor and khair upon khair. Ameen ya rabb💞

0o0

All Bark and No Bite..

0o0

AMIRAH

I don't know what came over me. I don't know what pushed me to do what I did, so in order to avoid his eyes I lowered my gaze to the buttons on his chest, placed my head gently on the broad width of it feeling the bum-pa-dum beat of his heart.

Mine was frenzied and his was calm.

Calculating the steps that will take me to the adjoining bathroom in the room I made a dash to the door and locked it behind me.

Feeling the erratic beat of my heart I stopped by the mirror and stared at my face.

Was it glowing like it was said in books? Or movies? Nope, I was still looking like I did before the event that happened.

But Maaaan. That was something.

I've never done anything like that before, most times it's a simple kiss to the cheek, a peck on the forehead or something like that to the guys but never on the lips.

And he responded.

The beginning of a squeal slipped past my lips before I managed to shut it with a slap.

I hope he did not hear that.

With my thoughts in a jumbled mess I stayed in the toilet for approximately two more minutes before going out, that is after mustering so much courage. I counted the seconds.

To my utter relief he was not in the room.

I heaved a sigh before taking my phone and sending Jules a selfie of how I looked with a caption of what just happened.

She has been bugging me for the past couple of years to try that so now that she's got her wish I won't be bugged anymore. Among my friends she's the only one with whom I could share almost every single thing with without fearing that it will be public information.

Remembering that the pizza I brought home with me was on the sitting room table I tiptoed to the corridor and peeped for any sign of him. When I was sure the area was clear I hurried to the sitting room first before skidding to the kitchen with every intention of reheating it in the microwave after I pray Maghrib which was due in not more than an hour.

I ate my fill of lunch when I went out earlier so I wasn't hungry but I bet he was. Not wanting to clear paths with him until I was ready, I strode to my room and kept myself occupied with the goings of Instagram and Twitter. After rummaging through social media, making faces at this girl's dress and the other girl's makeup I turned to pinterest and watched videos on how to operate dishwashers before sneaking into K Hashim's Twitter account, he didn't have much there. One would think the guy has been dead for more than a year with the level of inactivity there was on his social media accounts.

People had to probe and spy real hard before they were able to fish out his Instagram account and tag him in our pictures as the guy who finally puts the leash on me.