Chapter 46 l Gathering of Sins

"In broad daylight, the moon shines. When the low hanging mists drift into the royal capital....at the peak of the castle where our destiny was set into motion by treason against the kingdom, another moon shall appear, like the haze of heat...the Seven Deadly Sins shall be once again united.

Calla listened absentmindedly to the omen Merlin parroted, looking at her nails boredly, and not fighting Ban as he pulled her back. 

She almost jumped a foot when a large mass plummeted towards the tower and shook the earth itself. 

"FUCK!" She squawked, climbing Ban like a tree. He laughed. 

"Love, it's just Diane and King." He remarked, pointing over as the smoke cleared, revealing the giantess and the fairy. 

"Could have fooled me." She spat, landing on the stone and fixing her shirt. 

"Hey everyone!" King greeted. "It's been a long time!" 

"Glad to see you two in good health." Merlin commented. 

"Where the heck did you all pop out of?" Ban questioned as Escanor greeted the pair, smiling warmly. 

"I'm so happy, getting to see all of you again!" Diane smiled sadly. "It really makes me wish that the captain were still alive..." King cupped her face. 

"Yeah, I feel exactly the same way..." Before he could add on, a muffled voice shouted, 

"MMMMRF I am alive!" Diane screamed at the voice coming from underneath her, lifting her right side to see a blond head of hair sticking out from the stone. "Though your ass nearly crushed me flat..." 

The door leading into the castle creaked open, and a voice murmured from inside.

"At last, it seems you've all finally united...The Seven--" 

"GHOST CAPTAIN!" Diane and King screamed, cutting off the voice. Calla laughed. 

"They don't make ghosts that short~" 

"It's just as Calla says, this is the real-deal-flesh-and-blood Captain, through and through!" Escanor added, helping the demon to his feet. 

"To make long story short, a buncha stuff happened, and I came back to life." Meliodas remarked, brushing off his clothes. 

"You're really alive!" Diane cried as King clenched his fists. 

"That's way too short!" His anger was short lived as he frowned, floating over to where Meliodas and the two immortals stood. "I got carried away with myself and misunderstand so much about you...and I said all of those horrible things." He paused. "I...I'm sorry." Meliodas and Ban completely disregarded his apology to reach over and poke and prod at his incredibly small wings. 

"Hey, King, what's up with these wings?" Meliodas asked. 

"They're teeny~!" Ban added, grinning. The pair continued to tease the fairy, who looked like he was ready to combust. 

"COME ON GUYS! I'M TRYING TO BE SERIOUS HERE!!!" He squawked and Diane smiled good-naturedly. 

"Don't get mad, King~" She remarked. "Besides, they're both happy for you." 

"R-really?" 

"Of course they are~" She answered, and King flushed smiling, mumbling a thank you as Meliodas eyed the giant. 

"There's something different about you..." He observed. King waved his hands bashfully, rambling on about his newfound power. Meliodas rolled his eyes. "Not you...Diane!" King seemed to shrivel some as Diane's head bobbed. 

"Yup yup! My memory has been restored!" 

"That's impossible." Gowther remarked. "Purged memories cannot ever be returned." Diane shook her head. 

"You're wrong about that, Gowther." She got down to her knees, leaning over him. "Precious memories that have been engraved deep within your heart...even if you forget them..." Calla leaned her weight against Ban's side, tuning out the conversation as the Serpent Sin rambled on. 

"A-HEM!" She flinched, stepping back a little. "If you don't mind, I'll tell that part!" 

"Tell me what happened, later." She murmured to Ban as the King stepped out. He nodded, knowing she had a habit to not pay attention when people went on. 

"King Bartra!" Diane greeted 

"I finally got to make my appearance." The King huffed, reaching into his robes. "A great long time was spent searching for this, but.." He pulled out a red glowing heart, covered by swirling gold markings. "Indeed, at last, it was found...do you remember this, Gowther?" 

"Bartra, what the heck is that---?" The doll rushed by like a blur, not sparing any of them a glance as he ran by. 

Gowther threw himself over the edge of the tower, plummeting towards the busy city below. 

~

Hey besties:)

After a long (unintended) break, I'm here with another update haha. I really am sorry about not getting this out sooner, but after the school year started, I didn't get the chance to really write a lot (school's super draining, so I don't tend to look forward to writing as much as I used to), but I promise, I'm not going to leave this story unfinished!  

...as long as it may take. 

I'm hoping the next update doesn't take too long, but I can't make any promises, I'm not really into the Seven Deadly Sins, so it can be hard to write something about it, but I'm going to try to not leave it un-updated (if that's a word) for more than a month. 

Thank you all so much for being so patient, and I hope you enjoyed the chapter:)

ILYSM BESTIES<333

~Mynameisinuse1