Chapter 21 l Cruelty

Calla had never thought too much of King, thinking he was just some adorable fairy who lazed around with his giant lady friend. But as she watched him look at his revived friend with the worst pained expression she had ever seen, Calla was ready to kill Hendrickson.

"The forbidden technique passed among the Druids, "Enslavement of the Dead." He served me very well. Certainly worth the investment.

"Cruel...That's just so cruel!" Diane cried. Hendrickson cocked his head to the side, an annoyed expression on his face.

"But you can only revive someone twice, and each time, the soul becomes more eroded and their abilities decline significantly." Tears ran down King's face.

"No...No...That's too much!" He bowed over, sobs wracking his body. A maniacal grin painted Hendrickson's face then.

"Be more joyful, Fairy King. I gave you a great and rare opportunity! You can now meet your friend three times and kill him three times! This isn't something that everyone can experience, you know?" He asked, laughing.

"Hendrickson!" Meliodas shouted, rushing forward with Gilthunder by his side. The pair had their swords drawn, ready to attack but Hendrickson only smirked.

"Well done, Vivian." He said, stopping the two warriors in their tracks. Calla looked over to see the mage from earlier with her staff held in front of the two princesses.

"Sir Meliodas!"

"Gilthunder!" They both cried for the men in combat.

"Vivian!" Gilthunder shouted. "Why?!" She grinned.

"You're mine, Gil! Don't you know how much. I love yo—" Both Gilthunder and Meliodas, distracted by Vivian didn't notice Hendrickson rearing up behind them as the former Grand Holy Knight swung his sword. The blade went through Gilthunder's armor and Meliodas' chest like butter. Blood flew from Meliodas' mouth as the pair landed in a heap on the ground beside Hendrickson.

"Gil!" Margaret and Vivian cried. Elizabeth's face went white as a sheet, her eyes wide.

"Sir...Meliodas..." She whispered. Vivian released her grip on the two princesses, glaring mildly at Hendrickson.

"Why Gil too!!?" She demanded. "That wasn't what you told me!!" Hendrickson smirked.

"No, it was. Now this man is completely yours. Once he's a corpse, he will never leave your side. Ever." He raised his hand. "Well then, just to be thorough, let's finish you two off." Black flames burst from his palm.

"Stop right there!" All eyes turned to Calla as she drew her swords. "You still have me, Hendi. And I am not going down easy." She said. His smirk returned.

"Really?" He inquired. "I think those scars show who won last time."

"These scars will teach me to never get distracted in a fight, and to always fight at one hundred percent." Flames licked up her blades. "I'll have you know, I was just toying with you." She grinned. "Arising Inferno!" She shouted, rushing forward. Her sword made contact with his stomach and he smirked, but not before his insides exploded. Fire ran up Hendrickson's mutilated body as he writhed on the ground, screaming. She spun, lodging her second blade in his shoulder as his demon blood healed him. "Drain!" She felt her earlier exhaustion melt away as Hendrickson visibly began to pale. His face darkened with rage before he reared up, blade sliding into Calla's gut. She winced but kicked him in the chest. The wound began to heal as she changed her grip on her blade. "And to finish this off, Deadly Whirlwind!" Hendrickson stumbled back as a red arc came flying towards him and he was swiftly cut in half. His two halves went flying as Calla sheathed her swords. She headed towards Meliodas and Gilthunder's forms on the ground, kneeling between the two. Meliodas gave her a weak smile.

"Good job beatin' up Hendi." He said. Calla chuckled before holding out her hands.

"Restoration." She murmured. A golden light spilled from her fingertips and the wounds on their chests knit together, scabbing over. "I couldn't fix it completely, but this'll have to do." Gilthunder sat up, touching his side before his eyes widened.

"Calla—!"

"Stay away from my Gil." Calla turned, only to be met with a wave of magic.

Meliodas spun around as Calla went flying, slamming into the rubble of the castle. One of the demon-monsters that the New Generation had turned into saw her and picked her up with it's hand. From his distance, he watched as Calla was torn in two, blood going into the air like a fine spray. The latter stood up then, wounds fixed. She glared at the beast before swinging her whip around, glowing blue. As she pulled her whip back, a heart came with it. She had noticed earlier, but the knights that were turned into said beasts stuck out the front. The person within that one came flying down. She held out her arms and a slim, masculine figure landed in her hold. He was out could, but she still took in his features. Why did he look so familiar? He had a light head of hair with a singular blue streak. His face had a more feminine build with high cheekbones and small mouth. As he shifted some, and his eyes opened, it clicked. And she nearly dropped him too. 

"Caed?" She whispered. He cocked his head in confusion before realization crossed his face.

"Calla?" It was him. It was really him! And after so many years of being apart, Calla embraced her brother. 

~

A/n: Big plot twist right there. I never really intended to include her brother--he was mentioned earlier in the story--but I saw some random art on Pinterest and was invested with a new character. Hope you enjoyed!

~Mynameisinuse1