Chapter 28 l Hawk

Calla held a hand on Ban's shoulder as he looked down at the fallen boar.

"I said some messed up stuff to you. Like that we were never pals..." He murmured. "...Really messed up stuff. Almost everyone I like leaves me..." His head fell down, hanging.

"Objectively speaking, however, this was a fortunate outcome." Ban snapped around, his face flushing with anger. "If the Captain had died, then our likelihood of victory would have been greatly diminished. Captain Leftovers' death had no effect on the fighting prowess of our group. It was no a loss in any way." Ban's face darkened.

"You bastard—" He was stopped by Merlin appearing in front of him.

"Just hold it right there, Fox's Sin of Greed, Ban." She said calmly. An annoyed muscle jumped in his jaw.

"Get out of my way, Merlin!" He ordered.

"Gowther means no harm, so please forgive him." Ban looked away and Calla's fingers tightened some.

"Then just shut your mouth, fucking Four-Eyes!" He snapped. Meliodas limped over next to Calla, bloodied but alive.

"I can't let you quit the Boar Hat, Hawk. Who else is going to clean up all the leftovers?" He asked sadly. Ban smiled briefly.

"The glory of this battle's victory all belongs to Master. Right, Cap'n?" Meliodas nodded.

"Yeah...Come back to us whenever you can...Once you do, I'll triple the amounts of leftovers you get." Elizabeth held a hand over her mouth to muffle her cries.

"You better keep that promise." A voice warned. Ban's brow rose.

"That you, Cals?" He asked.

"No..." And then everyone had to take a double take as the blackened body of Hawk began to dissipate and burrowed in the flowers was...They all leaned over.

"Hawk? You're alive?" Elizabeth whispered.

"Yeah, seems like it." The boar remarked. Ban picked him up.

"Master! This is amazing! It's like a dreaaaam~!" He threw the pig in the and the latter grinned, giving a little thumbs up.

"Sheesh, you rash swine." Meliodas chuckled, returning the gesture before Elizabeth grabbed him and pulled him against her chest.

"He...Hey! Not fair!" Diane cried as Calla snorted. Meliodas pulled away after a second, his bloodied form clean and unblemished. He looked up at the princess, smiling.

"You too, Sir Meliodas. You always act rashly too." She gave him a sweet smile and Meliodas snickered some before she dove into his chest. Calla smiled at the sight, leaning some against Ban as he pulled her against him, his arm secured around her shoulder.

"I'm glad this whole ordeal is over." She felt Ban set his chin on her head, letting out a small sigh of content.

"Yeah, me too." She secured her hand around his waist, squeezing some.

"I'm happy Hawk is alright too. I don't think I could deal with you being all depressed for the next week." He chuckled.

"Since when am I ever depressed, Cals~?" He inquired. Calla snorted.

"Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to."

"Calla!" She turned at the sound of someone calling her name. She smiled before Caed crashed into her, clinging onto her like his life depended on it. Ban looked mildly offended by this as she embraced her brother.

"I'm glad you made it through this hell-storm." She murmured.

"Me too." He pulled away. "I saw how you fought. I had no idea you were so powerful!" Calla grinned, flexing her tattered arm.

"Baby you know it."

"And you tell me not to say 'baby.'" Ban grumbled, crossing his arms.

"Aw, you getting jealous, Ban-Dit?" She cooed.

"No." He retorted. She snickered.

"Really? Okay, c'mon Caed, let's go." She waved over her shoulder, smiling as she did so before two arms wrapped around her stomach. Calla laughed as she was hugged against Ban and he glared over her head at Caed. Her brother gulped, stepping back. "Oh calm your panties." She joked. "Caed's my brother." Ban nearly dropped her.

"You have never mentioned you had a brother." He said, releasing his grip. Calla giggled, standing next to Caed, her hand on his shoulder.

"You never asked, so I never told, simple." Ban cocked a brow, looking between them. While Calla had jet-black hair, Caed had light blonde with a small streak of blue. He did note that their facial structure was similar, both with arrow straight noses, small lips, blue-green eyes and...His eyes narrowed. Pointed ears? His eyebrows knit together some. How had he never noticed? "You look like you're constipated." Calla remarked. Caed snorted. "What's up?" Ban poked her ear.

"Call me stupid, but I have never noticed your ears were pointed." He said. Calla laughed.

"Stupid." She joked. Ban whacked her lightly upside the head and she sputtered angrily. "Excuse you!