CH. 18 - What Happens in the Study, Stays in the Study

"You're awake."

"Yeah. Just woke up. Well, I guess you know that since you've been awake the whole time," Yuu gave a little nervous laugh.

"Yeah," Mika chuckled

"What time is it?"

"10:30."

"A.M.?" Yuu sat up shocked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Well, I usually wake up earlier."

"Well, you've probably never slept in a bed this comfortable before. Especially not with me," Mika teased as he sat up.

"Funny."

"You mean true."

"Whatever," Yuu yawned. "Has anyone else woken up?"

"I'm pretty sure. I heard some of them talking earlier."

"And no one knocked or anything?"

"Nope," Mika put his hand under Yuu's chin and turned his head to face him. He pressed their lips together and Yuu smiled into the kiss. Yuu opened his eyes and the view he saw was breathtaking.

He saw Mika glow. The sun was shining on his face. His golden blond hair, and his glowing skin made him look like an angel. All that was missing was the halo, which Yuu was sure if he looked hard enough, he would find there.

The red eyes were a contrast though. They looked dangerous. Lethal. Like his fangs. He looked like an angel who had been corrupted. An angel who had been turned. An angel who had decided to take a bite of the apple and walk out of the Garden of Eden, thus walking away from God.

"Yuu?" Mika asked. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, no, nothing. I just... where's that sunlight coming from?" Yuu wondered as he turned. He hadn't noticed the window last night. He looked and saw a beautiful view, though it was nowhere near as beautiful as Mika. Then again, nothing was.

Through the window, Yuu saw all the colorful flowers and scattered trees that he had seen the night before. Only now they glowed brighter. The water from the fountain looked clearer. The angel's likeness to Mika had not changed though. No matter how Yuu looked at it, it looked like Mika.

"Yuu? Are you hungry?"

"Huh? Oh. Yeah, actually I am."

"Ok. You should get dressed then."

"Yeah," Yuu stood up. "Wait Mika, what about you? Are you thirsty?"

"I'm alright. Just go get dressed so we can go join the others."

"The others? Oh, that's right you said you heard them earlier. Ok, I'll hurry," Yuu stood up and went to the bathroom.

Mika laid back down. Butterflies flapping their wings in his stomach restlessly. The whole night he had fought two urges.

One, the urge to bite. Yuu laid so close to him the entire night, Mika could hear his heart beat. He could hear it pump blood through his body. He could see the blood pool up in Yuu's cheeks in the form of a blush. It made his throat burn just at the thought of it.

The second, Yuu's body. He wanted to touch it. To explore it. He wanted to take Yuu and make him his. He wanted to feel Yuu's skin on his lips. Just thinking about it made him... Mika sighed and commended his self-restraint.

Yuu opened the bathroom door and walked out. "Hey, Mika?"

"Yeah?" Mika sat up.

"Mind lending me some more clothes?"