CH. 1 - Mika's Confession

Yuu, and Mika, along with the others were at the beach, like always. Yuu and Shinoa holding hands and laughing along with the rest of the squad. Unlike Mika. Kimizuki turned his head away from the group and saw Mika sitting alone pretty far from them, facing the ocean. He decided to go talk to him. The others didn't notice, too immersed in their conversation.

"Hey," Kimizuki sat down next to Mika.

"Hi..." Mika responded, confused as to why Kimizuki had approached him.

"So why are sitting here alone?" Kimizuki asked nonchalantly.

"Why are you sitting here with me?" Mika asked cautiously.

"Well, you're alone and looked pretty depressed."

"And you care?"

"I'm curious."

        Mika turned away from Kimizuki again. Looking back at the ocean and all it's beauty, trying to forget everything. "I don't know why I'm here. I just know I don't want to be over there," he said motioning to the others with his head.

"Why not?"

"I just don't, alright? Why do you care?" Mika asked, irritated.

"I told you, I'm bored."

"Not my problem."

"Then what is your problem?"

Mika sighed. "I don't know. I just don't want to be near Yuu right now. It's painful for some reason."

"Painful?"

"That's the only way I know how to describe it."

"And you don't know why?"

"Nope."

"I don't believe that."

"You what?"

"I don't believe that you don't know why."

"What you believe or don't believe doesn't concern me."

"You said it's painful to be near Yuu right now, but honestly you look like you're in pain even when you're not with him. Like right now. Plus, you've been pretty quiet lately," Kimizuki contemplated.

"Your obsession with me is flattering, but also creepy," Mika joked.

"You're one to talk. Or are you going to deny your obsession with Yuu?" Kimizuki was glad Mika had at least some sense a humor left.

"I think I have a right to my obsession," Mika smiled.

"So, you're not denying it?" Kimizuki laughed.

"What's the point in that?" Mika asked casually, making Kimizuki smile. "Yuu's my best friend, and all I have left. I lost everything years ago. My parents. The other kids from the orphanage. My life. My humanity. So excuse me for being obsessed with him," a single tear rolled down Mika's cheek.

"Can I ask you something?" Kimizuki asked after a moment.

"Sure. Doesn't mean I'll answer," Mika quickly brushed the tear off.

"What happened to your parents?"

Mika stayed silent.

After a couple of minutes of silence, Kimizuki spoke again. "Is all of that why you're so depressed?"