Final Chapter.

Mid[K]night Assassin 

Chapter 30 

-final chapter…. 

“What's going on?” Jorden asks, becoming on guard. 

“I don’t know, Bec. Talk. NOW.” I scream. 

“This guy is really David’s son- he’s been trying to rule for years!” Becca venomously snaps. 

“WHAT?” 

“THE?” 

“FUCK!” me and the rest of the girls scream, sending Tommy into the shakes. 

“How did YOU, know?” he sneers at Bec, anger glinting out from his ears. I then notice all kindness leaves Becca’s eyes as they go dangerous midnight blue- uhoh storm hell is about to thunder explosively. 

“HOW DID I KNOW? Let’s see, David freaking told me! Remember I’m the Priests’ little angel, evvverrrryone trusted me with information!” Bec screeches, holy shit, that’s one pissed off white chick! 

“But why would he tell you? I t was OUR plot, so that only I would rule. We were going to use the other priest and kill them off after they did what we wanted in one more week. Then it would be the end of the month!” Tommy fills in the missing info… stupid boy. He’s in a room filled with the most bad ass assassins in the world… again stupid boy but I will let Bec break him first, she’s almost there, and I never get to see her go fully evil, like she is now. 

“Because he hated your guts.”Bec gravely says as she plops down angrily, kicking her legs up over the arms of the Chinese chair, while we all stand ready to strike and to kill. 

“but but but but but why would he???” Tommy calls out in a toddler voice. 

“Because he hated you for being born. Having to be your uncle, and your father.” Bec finishes with a twisted evil smile. Ew. It just hit me on what she said. 

“Do what?” 

“What are you a deaf pawn now? Being played your whole life as a pawn in a big kid chess game will do that you I guess… just believing everything you are told. Oh like a little pawn, so vulnerable, you were taken unaware that lie you just told was a dirty secret kept from your eye.” 

“What?” was all he could numbly muster.  

“Whoa.” I mumble, silencing anything my crew was about to explosively say. 

“So I don’t think I have to tell you that with everyone cleared out of the way, sweet Tommy here can rule.” Bec sourly sweet speaks. 

“Yer… I got that… but what about a council? Doesn’t there need to be a 5 person council.. To vote?” I speak slowly trying to remember my political teachings from the academy but all I could muster was fighting techniques…. I gripe to myself in my head for not remembering more, there is no way that this physco is becoming head mothering fucking priest. 

“Uh why do you think he came here?” Bec snaps at me.  

“Well my vote is,” I pause and switch from my calm voice to well more of a bitchy type, “ HELL NO.” 

“NOOOOO!!!!!!” Tommy bellows. The poor little psychotic toddler then starts shaking uncontrollably. Bec is already feet, probably evaluating the toddler. Something in our bond sparks, sending me showers of Bec’s protectiveness. 

“Tommy you need to calm down.” Becca uses a mother’s calm voice, and her eyes soften as they try to catch Tommy’s eyes. See Bec has always been good at calming people down, I swear she can use this thing I read in vampire book, it starts with a c… compulsion? I don’t know, but it has to do with the vamp, being able to get inside your brain. It comes in handy but sadly I don’t think it will work this time around…. Hmm I should have picked up on Tommy a long time ago….I soon am shaken from my thoughts as wave of protectiveness shoots from Bec into me along with a command –Nikki  move out from in front of me NOW. Bec packed so much energy and command into her voice I automatically take a step back, even though I don’t want to. I then snap back into the real world.