three

three

'He was just a boy, a boy who had killed me.'

By the time it was morning I'd barely slept. I wasn't sure if I really needed to sleep as an undead.. thing.

The sunlight brightly shone from in between the the cracks of the curtains and I cursed them immediately after noticing the small burns across my forearms.

"God fucking damn it. I have to do everything around here, does nobody know how to comfort a girl?"

I mentally noted to make a trip to the store and grab those cool curtains that block out the sun from getting into your room — you know the ones that make everything dark?

Even if this was just a hotel, it was my hotel until I could get my feet on the ground. I'd gotten to know the staff (mostly Sydney) and how to get around the building without anyone seeing me.

After taking a shower I leaped back into my hotel bed which I'd destroyed in my night lacking of sleep, unable to remember quite how to recreate the hotel standard made bed.

"I should really buy a laptop sooner or later." I mumbled to myself once my pinky started to get sore from holding my phone properly in my hands.

"You know what?" I said quickly after a moment of consideration. "I will." I hopped off the edge of the bed. If I was going to make a mental note of groceries in my head there was no point not fulfilling them. I now had all of eternity to make money and it'd make the day pass by quicker as well.

I shoved my key card into my purse as well as my phone and closed the door behind me, entering the hallway.

"Mornin' neighbor."

I turned my head at the scent of blood pumping through a bleeding heart, immediately making a sour face to keep myself from staring at him any longer.

Business man.

"Morning!" I replied and ran down the hallway to the employee stairs. I was silently hoping he wouldn't snitch on me for using them but if I had to stand next to him in an elevator I'd devour him.. or worse, kiss him.

What? Men in suits are hot. 

I didn't have a car, but I did have four dollar for a trip to the mall and back on the city bus. Today's outfit was not prepared for the beaming sun; a white cardigan, sunglasses, and grey print patch pants. I tried my best to sit in the corner opposite to the direct sunlight while I waited impatiently for the bus to arrive and when it did, I got on a little too eagerly.