BONUS CONTENT: II

Start from the beginning

After all, how could I, a male she barely knew, compare to a bond she had spent years forming with the young Alpha? 

"It's rare we ever get official requests for transfers; it's hardly surprising that I would except our first request in forty-eight years. I've seen a demonstration of her skills and saw fit to approve her request." 

"And yet it's clear our arrangement has met it's end," Sandra hummed. 

"Well..." she drawled, stepping back from me. "Who am I to question the almighty Colorado Alpha. If you say there's nothing there, then I'll believe you... for now." 

Sandra said nothing else as she turned to leave, until, at the very last second she said over her shoulder, "For what it's worth, I like her." 

So do I. 

***

I knocked quickly against Emily's bedroom door, my fist clenched too tightly as I did so. Despite the closed door, I was more than aware that she was in there. Already her scent flooded the area, the uniqueness permeating my senses and making a home in my memory. Even if she were to leave, and never return, I was sure her scent would always linger, traces of it remaining with the sole purpose of driving me mad. 

"Yes?" I heard her murmur softly. 

I hesitated for only a second before entering her room, but it was not nearly enough to prepare me for the sight that greeted me. Emily was already in bed, sat up against the headboard with her covers pulled up to waist. Her vivid red hair, wild and unbound, fanned out against the pale grey bedsheets. Like every time I was graced with her image, a warmth bloomed across my chest and it felt as if all air expelled itself from my lungs.

I had to consciously stop myself  from approaching further, leashing myself to her doorway. The room, her scent, it was too much and I feared I would lose control of myself too soon if I allowed myself to be closer to her in such a private setting. 

"Do you usually go to bed this early?" I asked, only when I realised I was still yet to speak. 

"Didn't sleep well last night. I thought I'd get an early night tonight." 

"Right," I murmured tersely, forcing myself to look away so as not to give away anything in my expression. The previous night had been all but agony, forced to remain in my bed and listen to the sound of her tears in the grimy human motel bathroom just a few steps away. I knew very little of Emily so far, but I had gathered enough to realise a respectful distance while she grew accustomed to this new life would be my greatest ally. I would not overwhelm her with my presence, my desires, so soon as I had no doubt she would not take well to my pursuit. 

I had to give her space to warm up to me naturally; as much space as I could bare to give. 

"I assume you'll be up early tomorrow, I'll meet you outside your door at six."  

 "What for?" Emily asked, her voice low despite the surprise evident in her expression. It was hard not to notice the mild sense of panic that widened her eyes as our gazes locked. Her hands clenched around her bedsheets, pulling them up to her chest as if to hide herself away from me. I hated it; my stomach tightening and rolling uncomfortably.

She had yet to acknowledge our bond, and there was a horrible fear that had rooted itself inside me as a result; a fear that she did not experience the bond, that she felt nothing towards me at all.  

"Your training with me. We're going to start right away, I want to spend the week assessing your fitness and your reflexes." And for you to realise how much your young Alpha has been holding you back. 

"Adriel said I wasn't allowed to train for a month."

"You're not allowed to train with the pack for a month. You can still train with me." Because I cannot bare to stay away entirely. Tell me you wish to train with me, tell me you wish to spend more time with me. Let me show you how to unlock that wild within; lets see what damage you can truly do. 

I had seen her fight only once - against Jack Athen on the second morning of the Alpha Meetings. She was awfully quick, and though there was still room to improve, it was clear she held more skill than the average wolf. Very few could say they had bested an Alpha in any form of combat, yet she had seemingly done so with ease; an Alpha in her own right. 

"I look forward to it." There was a spark in her eye, a determination, that thrilled me. I couldn't hold back my wide answering grin, all too eager to experience more of this enticing female and bask in her potential. 

Well Thane's POV was by far the most requested for a bonus chapter, so I hope you guys enjoyed this

Well Thane's POV was by far the most requested for a bonus chapter, so I hope you guys enjoyed this.  I absolutely love reading all your comments so please don't hold back. Again, thank you all for your support and feedback when it comes to this book! 

Some of you guys still have some questions about these characters or possible sequels, so leave your comments here and I'll post a Q&A chapter at some point answering them. 

The next bonus chapter is already up on my Inkitt account so head on over to their to read it, or wait a few days for me to upload it to Wattpad.