[1-6] ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ white christmas

Start from the beginning

"Are you going home for Christmas, Ana?" Harry asked.

"No. My parents sent me another 4-page long letter saying how sorry they are. They're on a business trip away in the US meeting with the president, actually."

"Is your dad finally preparing to run for prime minister?" Hermione asked.

"Maybe. He really wanted Harry to spend Christmas with us this year."

"I would've loved that," Harry sighed.

"Right? I could've baked a Christmas cake..."

"Maybe not that."

***

The day before Christmas, Harry, Ron, and Analise gathered around the Gryffindor table. With Jovana leaving to see her family for Christmas, Analise spent all of her time with the golden trio.

There were two chess boards in front of her, Harry and Ron across from each one. Even while playing two chess games at once, Analise had managed to beat both of them multiple times.

"Knight to E5," With Harry's command, the knight moved to its destination on one chessboard.

"Queen to E5," Ron commanded his queen on the other chessboard.

Hermione rolled her luggage down the great hall walking towards the three while Ron's queen destroyed Analise's rook. Ron looked up at Analise smugly thinking he had won the game just now.

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows sitting down next to Analise, "That's totally barbaric!"

"It's wizard's chess," Analise smiled smugly staring at Ron's chessboard, "Pawn to C6,  checkmate."

"What?? Not fair," Ron frowned watching his king kill itself, "I see you've packed," he turned to Hermione.

"See you haven't," Hermione remarked.

"Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there."

"Good, you can help Harry, then. He's going to go and look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel."

"We've looked a hundred times."

Hermione leaned over the table closer to Harry and Ron, "Not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas," she smiled, getting up and leaving the great hall.

"I think we've had a bad influence on her."

"No kidding," Harry scoffed, "Queen to E3."

Harry's queen piece destroyed Analise's queen that was once a pawn mercilessly. Analise smiled smugly resting her head on her hand. Ron took one look at the board and his mouth fell agape once again at the genius setup Analise had made.

"Rook to A2. Checkmate," Analise smiled.

Harry groaned and watched as his king draw his sword piercing his own chest with it.

Analise giggled, "sometimes, sacrificing the queen is the key to victory."

"Yeah, yeah," Harry rolled his eyes, "Where's Jovana?"

"At home visiting her parents and little brother. Why, have you finally decided she isn't evil?"

"She is evil. She's a Slytherin, Ron mumbled.

Analise simply rolled her eyes and looked at Harry expecting a better answer. He raised his eyebrows and his eyes grew wide looking at both Ron and Analise not knowing who's side to take.