X's True Identity - Kirito

Start from the beginning

I announced that last part for everyone to hear.

"Well, you are correct, Kirito. Very sharp of you. Yes, I am indeed Kayaba Akihiko. I was going to reveal that to you on the 100th floor and face you all as the final boss, but you guessed it long before that." He shook his head, still smiling.

"You bastard!" Someone from the Knights of the Blood attacked him, but was repelled by the same message. Heathcliff opened his menu and forcefully paralyzed everyone in the room but me.

"Now then, Kirito, how about a rematch? If you kill me, the game will end. But if I kill you... I'll be waiting on the 100th floor for everyone else." He offered.

"Kirito, don't do it." Asuna pleaded, "You'll be killed."

"Any small chance is a chance I'm willing to take. But no admin interference, alright?" I said, accepting his duel request.

"Of course. This is a fair fight."

"Don't worry, Kirito, if you die, I'll make sure to arrange the nicest funeral for you." X called from the ground behind me.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." I rolled my eyes.

I then engaged Kayaba in combat.

"My, my, you seem motivated. Unfortunately, I think we both know that this will turn out just like our last duel." He taunted me as we clashed blades.

I didn't respond, I kept striking at his shield until Dark Repulser suddenly shattered.

Kayaba took that chance to slash at my avatar.

"Kirito!" X yelled, "Get back!"

I couldn't. The sword skill I just used had end-lag.

I closed my eyes, but the attack never landed.

Asuna had somehow fought through the paralysis and jumped in front of me.

No...

I watched in horror as Asuna's avatar shattered.

Suddenly, X yelled out, "Cure!"

He appeared behind Kayaba and stabbed at his back with the Blood Blade.

Shunk.

A blade was sheathed into a body, but it wasn't X's.

Heathcliff's sword, part of the Liberator set, was buried into X's avatar.

X glanced down, and smiled, "Well, I guess I won't be able to keep my promise to Sachi after all."

Heathcliff just sighed, "Really, Hibiki, is that any way to greet your older brother?"

... What?

Hibiki?

Older brother?

I glanced at X, and his eyes were wide with surprise.

"Older... brother...?" He muttered, and then forced the sword out of him, clutching his head.

Wait, how is he not dead?

X let out an earsplitting scream, and fell to his arms and knees, panting heavily.

He glanced up, and with a quick movement of his hand, threw the Blood Blade into Kayaba's avatar.

"I remember now. Why I was alone. Why my memory was gone." He sounded different. He sounded... tired, "When you made this death game, my image of you shattered. My mind forced itself to forget everything, and I fled. Hah, well, here I am, Nii-san, are you going to kill me now?"

X drank a health potion, recovering his HP, "Sadly for you, the Blood Blade and Death Sickle have a set effect. Don't you remember? I can survive one fatal blow per health bar, but when my health goes back to full... I can take another hit."

But his health never reached full.

Heathcliff slashed across his chest before it could.

"Heh, as expected of my heartless brother. I wonder how you'll explain this to Sachi?" X grinned as his avatar shattered, leaving his scythe and dagger behind.

No...

They're both dead. 

But I must keep fighting.

I can't even find the energy to move.

I picked up Asuna's sword and swung weakly at Kayaba.

"Well, it seems like you lost your reason, so I'll just let you join your friends in death." He said as he stabbed his blade into my gut.

I watched as my HP drained to zero, but in a last ditch effort, I attempted to fight back.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily!" I gripped Asuna's sword in my hand and stabbed Heathcliff.

"Well, congratulations, Kirito. You win." Kayaba smiled as we both shattered.

A/N: Well, X and Sachi are now Akihiko's younger siblings.

I planned this to be the case, but I didn't expect to reveal it this early.

Also, I skipped Yui because X doesn't really have much involvement in that part of the story.

Anyways, if you enjoyed this chapter, consider voting and following for more. Peace out, everybody. Goodbye.

Timeless_95, signing out.