𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖- 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚗 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚍

"Pickford we hate you" has been repeated for the past hour

"Pickford we hate you" has been repeated for the past hour. It was painful to hear, knowing how much effort Jordan put into his training and how hard he worked to be the best goalie he could be. You knew it was getting to him, you'd known him far too long to know when he was pretending to be ok. And he wasn't ok. The game finished 5-0 to Man City and the fans were fuming. It angered you so much to the point where you felt like screaming at all of them. To make matters worse, your little boy that you shared had come along to the game and was extremely confused why everyone hated his daddy. "Mummy, why don't they like us?" He questioned with tears in his eyes. "Oh Baby shhh it's ok. They're upset that we lost and they're blaming it all on daddy. But these people aren't proper fans darling, the proper fans love daddy so much." You told your child whilst swaying him back and forth to try and stop the tears. "More than we do?" He further questioned. "No one could love daddy more than us." You tickled him which caused him to laugh. Cooper was a good kid, he loved sport and upon joining primary school last year he found a new love for football. Jordan and yourself didn't want to pressure him to do it but when he came home after PE one day screaming he's the best striker in england, you knew he was in love with the game. Cooper and Jordan often found themselves in the garden practicing his ball skills, his dad being the goalie and going down on his knees to mimic the goalie he'd be playing against. It was a sight that made your heart swell.

"Mummy can we go see daddy now?" Cooper said whilst looking up at you. You didn't know if it was a good idea, everyone knew how angry your husband got and it was something you didn't want your son to see. "How's about you go with nanny and I go get him?" You hoped he didn't kick off a fuss and was surprised when he agreed. Giving him to your mum, you walked off to find him.

Walking down the tunnel, you saw him all alone on a bench with his head in his hands. Sitting beside him you ran your hand down his back. He looked up and instantly pulled you in for a hug. You stayed there for awhile and kept telling him how proud you were of him. "How can you be proud of me y/n? The whole crowd hate me. To make matters worse , our son had to sit there and watch me fail." He said with so much anger. Not towards you, but towards himself. "I'm proud of you because you train like a mad man every day and sacrifice so much to do what you do. Not every game is going to go your way, no game in the world does. Not even fucking rock, paper, scissors. But, you come back and fight. Fight harder than ever before. And those people chanting aren't fans Jord. The fans are the ones who support you no matter what. Through good and bad. And Coops still thinks you're superman. I mean, he wants to get home and play with you as we speak. Can't think you're that crap if he wants you as his goalie, in his eyes he's Beckham already." This caused a laugh to come from your husband and he hugged you again. "I love you." He muffled into your shoulder. "And I love you." He pulled back and gave you a kiss. You both agreed to meet in the car park because he needed to get ready and that's what you did. Your son sprinted towards his dad when he saw him, Jordan picking him up and tickling him. It was a beautiful sight. You all made your way home and you agreed to make dinner for the pair. Turning your back for 5 minutes, you called them to ask what they wanted. Instead, you were met with the sight of your child and husband in the garden. Jordan was now crouched on the ground, pretending to be the height of a 5 year old, whilst your son ran around the garden screaming that he'd scored. Laughing to yourself, you took some pictures of the pair and continued to make dinner.

He wasn't a bad goalkeeper. You knew that, he was amazing and no one saw how much time and effort he put into being the best he could be. You were glad that Cooper could cheer him up after days like this, you were very lucky to share a son so kind and energetic. They both meant the world to you, and you knew Jordan felt the same.