𝚐𝚘 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢-𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚗 𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚎

1 : 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙧𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙥 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧. 2 : 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮'𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙤𝙣 𝙫𝙖𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣.

"What the fuck Y/N?" Declan stressed. He hadn't a clue the severity of the situation and it was angering you even more. "Don't you dare say that to me! You're the one who can't be arsed to come to my graduation because you have 'other commitments'." You were feeling anger you'd never experienced before. All the late nights studying away for this moment and your own boyfriend won't come to your graduation. He'd been so supportive of your degree and now it seemed like he was making a mockery or it and all your efforts. "So what? You'll graduate whether i'm there or not." He was digging himself a deep, deep whole that was going to be impossible to swim out of. "Yes I will. But that doesn't mean it's going to be the same. Everyone's family is going to be there and their boyfriends! It's not even that long and then you could fuck off if that's what you really wanna do. Why can't you just support me for once?" Tears were leaking from your eyes but you were using every bit of strength you had to stop them. "Piss off Y/N! I arranged a lunch with the boys ages ago you knew about this. Why don't you be a good girlfriend and realise that not everything is about you and sometimes I need some time away from you and your moaning." He spat with so much anger. You were left dumbfounded. You'd always given him space. Always. Went to all his games when he asked. Got his kit washed and ready for the next day. Cooked, cleaned, sorted out anything important that he couldn't be bothered to do. It was always about Dec, never about you. "Are you kidding me right now?" You were at a loss for words. "You know what, go for your meal. But don't expect me to be here when you get back." And with that you headed upstairs to go to sleep in the spare room. You locked the door behind you and rested your head on it. Never once had Declan lashed out like this, or kick off and leave you in tears. It wasn't the Declan you knew before the final and it was infuriating. During the euros, you were there every single game. For every single victory and for every single tear. None of this added up. Deciding it was best to get some rest before the big day, you tucked yourself in and tried to get some sleep. The emptiness next to you was felt and was the main cause for your lack of sleep.

It had turned 1am and you still hadn't slept a blink. You'd been staring at the ceiling for the past couple hours, wondering if you'd done anything to provoke him or cause him to feel so much hatred towards you all of a sudden. Your thoughts were interrupted by a shallow knock on the door. "Go away Dec." You spoke, trying not to let him know you were crying. "Babe please,I'm sorry. Big public gatherings have felt way too scary since the loss and I should've told you instead of lashing out. I'm scared people are gonna say something and ruin your day. It ain't an excuse for how I lashed out , I'm aware. But Im so sorry baby." He said, evident that he'd been crying. Your heart fell to your stomach, it all made sense to you now. Why he'd been avoiding going out all week. The 'meal' with the boys that was at your house to avoid being around people. He'd not told you because he was too embarrassed and you felt like a fool for not noticing. Leaping up from the bed, you unlocked the door and pulled him into your embrace. He began to sob uncontrollably, calling himself an embarrassment of a boyfriend and kept telling you that he was sorry. You told him how wrong he was and that you were madly in love with the boy, but he still felt guilty. Lifting his head up from your shoulder he pecked you on the lips, the saltiness from his burning yours. "I love you." He whispered. "And I love you. But can we please get some sleep because I'm gonna go on stage tomorrow looking like death." You joked. He laughed with you and you both headed to your room, together.

Your graduation ran smoothly and went better than you could have ever imagined. When it was your turn, you heard Dec and your dad going crazy in the crown with them both screaming "That's my girl!"
"I'm so proud of you." He covered you in kisses. You couldn't stop laughing and he joined in with you. Your parents watching from the side in awe of your relationship. "Let's get some pictures." You whispered before kissing him.

" You whispered before kissing him

Liked by declanrice,masonmount and 436,682 others@yourusername : Last slide is me because I never have to submit uni work at 3am every again🥳   @masonmount You've done him so dirty😭Well done sis x@declanrice No need for that but love you i guess

@yourusername : Last slide is me because I never have to submit uni work at 3am every again🥳
@masonmount You've done him so dirty😭Well done sis x
@declanrice No need for that but love you i guess.
View other 100,866 comments

Liked by masonmount, jackgrealish and 690,865 others @declanrice : So proud of you my love! Have my own personal sports scientist now👩‍🔬 Payback for your post bitch

@declanrice : So proud of you my love! Have my own personal sports scientist now👩‍🔬 Payback for your post bitch.
@jackgrealish Icon
@masonmount The change in emotions in the caption i'm dead😭
@yourusername Thanks bitch.
View other 300,786 comments