𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎-𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑

𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞
/ˈ𝐧ɪ𝐤ə𝐭𝐢ː𝐧/
𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧
𝐚 𝐭𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐨𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨. 𝐈𝐭 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐜 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬.

Smoking had never been a habit you had intended to pick up. Fully aware it wasn't attractive nor pleasant to be around, you still couldn't stop. You'd started at the young age of 16 and the addiction wasn't something you planned to have. If truth be told, you couldn't care less for people's opinions on your habit but for some reason you couldn't help but feel that your boyfriend wasn't too pleased with it. Jack needed to remain in top condition for the World Cup next year , meaning no second hand smoke. Never would you smoke in the house that you shared together, but in the garden felt harmless to you. But not to Jack.
"I need to be out here to do some drills" he explained with a heavy sense of bluntness. Who knew a cigarette could upset someone this much? "I'll be done in a bit, can't you wait?" you tried to reason with him. "What? Wait for you to develop lung cancer?" his sarcasm dripping through with every word. "Haha, so funny Jack. Let me finish this and then i'll be out your hair" you won't lie, his last comment had struck a nerve. "No, I wanna use the garden to better myself. You're using it to slowly kill yourself. If you wanna smoke, do it. But not on my property!" he snapped. "Our property Jack! This is our house , I also payed for this place. I do the washing up, I clean the place, I make sure you have a nice meal to come home to every day. I make sure your kit is clean and ready for the next day. I deal with all the bills and tax's. Not you, me! So if I want a cigarette, I'll have a fucking cigarette". You weren't lying. You did everything round the house, and it wasn't a small house to upkeep either. He was so used to it he seemed to forget how much effort you put in for him day in and day out.

Without a second to spare, you lit your cigarette and tried to stop the tears that have developed dampening the stick. Smoking helped when you felt as if you were about to have a panic attack or if you felt anxious, the breathing in and out controlling your breaths. He watched ashamed of himself as he saw the girl he love, finally crack. He struggled to understand the addiction seeing as his childhood and teenage years had been spent around sportspersons and health experts. Never really having a social life growing up, smoking felt foreign to him. He decided to leave you do what you needed to do and went inside. His anger was all out of care, he couldn't bear the thought of losing you. So, watching you continue to do something that could make that happen caused so much frustration within him.

After you finished your cigarette, you took some time to yourself to think about past events. You were glad you'd told him how you finally felt, but you wished it hadn't come out the way it did. Hating arguing with Jack, you headed inside, only to find he was nowhere to be seen. You sprayed yourself with the nearest fragrance possible to mask the smell of smoke, began to chew a piece of gum and went to find him. Reaching the top floor, you found him laying on top of your bed with some tears falling onto his precious face. The sight broke you. Taking off your clothes and changing into one of his sweatshirts and boxer shorts, you decided to join him on the bed. Laying not too near to him in case he was still annoyed at you. That thought was quickly proven wrong as he rolled over to you, laying half on you and half on the bed. With his head on your chest, you began to play with his ever so famous hair. "I'm sorry" he mumbled. You didn't verbally reply, instead placed a long kiss on the top of his head. "I won't ever understand what it feels like to be addicted to something like that, but I was wrong for having ago at you. It's not easy to quit something like that and I'd never want you to think that I would force you too". "Babe, I appreciate your concern I honestly do. I understand you were only annoyed because you care and again I appreciate it" you weren't too sure what to say. "I would like to quit but it's not as easy as people may think. The withdrawal is bloody awful and I don't want to be alone with it. You're going off to Germany next week, so how's about we agree that I quit when you're finished the Euros?" you questioned. "Only if you want to. Y/N, I don't want you to quit just because of me. But if you genuinely want to quit, I promise I'll support you all the way" he replied. "I love you" you spoke with admiration for the man laying on you. You could feel his smile against your chest. He got up and turned to face you. "And I love you darling". You leant in for a kiss and decided it was your turn to lay on top of him. He wrapped his arms around you in a protective manor, kissing the top of your head. His hand found itself playing with your, causing you to drift to sleep. As you fell asleep you heard him whisper, " I appreciate everything you do for me my love, I'm so thankful for you".