Pretty Serious Spaghetti

Start from the beginning

The polite and excitement smile of Deanna flashed at them, "I'm hosting a welcome for all of you at my home." she informed them, raking her gaze between them all. It was high time for them to be officially welcomed into Alexandria and to meet everyone. They were the talk of the town, people wanting to talk to each of them, wanting to somehow be a part of their inner circle. 

They all nodded at Deanna before making their way towards their house when Deanna called Aliya out. Aliya stopped walking and slowly turned to Deanna, her eyes connecting with Rick's briefly before nodding at him, ensuring him that she was gonna be cool. 

Aliya

Deanna's smile never wavered as I slowly walked towards her with my hands awkwardly on my side. Hearing how there was no lookout while we trusted their offer of security pissed me off. The thought of something happening to Judith and the others jabbed at my heart. I stopped just a few steps from Deanna and stared at her expectedly. 

"Have you thought about my job offer?" 

I did. All night. Right about talked Daryl's ear off. Not that I'll share that with her. I nodded, "I did." I answered truthfully. She smiled at me, "Well?" she shrugged, waiting for my answer. I licked my dry lips as I went about my thought process last night. It would be great to finally have a solid role in a community where all of us are safe and sure. Selfishly, it would be great to finally have a solid purpose, something I could look forward to. 

I nodded at her after a while, "I'll take it." 

She beamed and nodded back, her lips turned upwards to a satisfied smile. "I'll see you later!" she waved off, leaving no room for a response. I really wasn't looking forward to it. Just thinking about being surrounded by strangers with no weapon in my person made me extremely jittery. I watched as Deanna's figure slowly left my vision before I made my way back to the house. 

----

There was a serene and soft music playing while background chatter overpowered it. Carol's casserole was immediately picked up and placed on the table while I staggered back, Rick glancing at me briefly before nodding when I smiled reassuringly at him. Deanna gushed once she realised that we were there, thanking us for coming and heeding her invitation. 

A smile crept up on my lips as we all watched her talk to Judith. "She'll get to see what this place will become." she answered Rick. Judith will see what Alexandria will become. Huh. I like the sound of that. If there was anything that Judith deserved, it was to live in a home and community surrounded by people who loved her and by walls that would protect her. We'll make it happen.

The place was filled with people laughing and smiling, wrapped up in their own conversations. The familiarity of the scene warmed my heart. They look so happy and relaxed. My eyes caught Deanna's as she faced me with a smile. "Aliya! I'm glad you came!" she raved. I scoffed a laugh before thanking her for inviting me. I'm all for food and booze.