"I love you" he whispered, making my heart go wild and I smiled.

Then he disconnected his forehead from mine and started telling the stories behind all the pictures.
He was so engrossed in telling the stories behind those that he didn't notice that I was staring at him instead of the album.

"Are you even listening to me?" He asked, looking at me.

I suddenly felt the urge to kiss him. And that's what I did. I kissed him on the cheek catching him off-guard. His eyes widened and his cheeks had a pinkish hue.

"Thank you for everything," I said, smiling.

"You're getting bolder," he said.

"That's what you told me to take small steps instead of sitting still" I stated.

"Yeah but you don't have to do things that you don't want," he said.

"Why would I do things that I don't want," I said. "Now I am all ears, tell me something about this picture," I added pointing towards a picture which was from some wedding.

It was a picture in which we were seven years old. A year before we got seperated, a year before I got into an accident and forgot about him.

"You will not believe the story behind this picture," he said.

"Tell me," I said.

"You know it's a picture from our parent's friend's wedding," he said.

"Yes, the background looks like a wedding," I said.

"You know what you said to me that day?" He said.

"What?" I asked.

"You told me that you will also get married like this" he said "that you want to get married with me when we get older" he added and my mouth hung open.

"What?" I said.

"Yes Maryam, you said that we will get married and we will live together like uncle and aunt are going to live" he said.

"Oh Allah, and I was thinking that I've never thought of marriage in my life," I said.

"You know what, you were the one who proposed to me first" he said smiling cheekily.

"What did you say then?" I asked.

"I said why did you want to get married?" He said "and you know what you answered?" He added.

"What?" I asked not believing what he is saying.

"You said that 'don't you want to eat these delicious foods and ice-cream'," he said, chuckling.

"Oh Allah I can't believe I said all of this" I said.

"After hearing you all our parents started laughing," he said.

"It's so embarrassing," I said.

"No need to get embarrassed wifey, your dreams have come true and Alhamdulillah we are married and living together" he said making me blush at his words.

"Alhamdulillah"I replied with a smile.

Then the waiter brought the bill and Zain paid. We left the restaurant and got in the car. He took a small box from the car cabinet. It was a jewelry box. He handed it to me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Do you think I will only give you an album?" He said "open it" he added.

There was a very beautiful heart shaped platinum pendant in it, embedded with a heart shaped turquoise stone.

"It's beautiful" I said.

"Not more than you," he said.

"Oh Zain, stop your flirting," I said.

"Can't I flirt with my wifey?" He asked.

"Okay now help me wear it" I said.

Then he took out the pendent from the box. I untied my hijab to make it easier for him to put the pendent. The windows of the car are not see-through from outside. So no-one will be able to see inside. He put the pendant on my neck and came closer to lock it. While he was locking the pendant his breath was constantly fanning the skin of my neck making shivers go through my spine. I was feeling a tingling sensation in my stomach. He pulled out from me when he was done locking the pendant.

"It's looking more beautiful in you," he said.

"Thank you Zain," I said.

"It's not a way to thank your husband," he said.

"How should I thank you then?" I asked.

"The way you thanked me earlier inside" he said and I blushed realising what he was trying to say.

"Stop it Zain" I said, hiding my face with my palm.

He chuckled and started driving.

-----------------

A/N: ASSALAMUALAIKUM EVERYONE!

What is everywhere?
Romance... It's Romance.

Comment your favourite part in this chapter.

The picture on top of the chapter is from K-drama Dr. Romantic 2.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇vote👇