They walked out of there to his car, this time Mahira sat relaxing as he maneuvered the car on the streets of Mumbai.

She pulled her phone out texting Vandita about the change of plan and then to Sakshi who replied with an grinning emoticon and Have fun.

She rolled her eyes at the reply but a slight smile came up on her lips.

"Inform all those you need to then you aren't touching that device"

She heard Veer stating and she narrowed her eyes at him, glancing at his chiming phone.

"Same applies to you" She demanded.

"Roger Captain" he mocked a tough tone.

Mahira chuckled at his attempt of mimicry. She switched off her phone as no one else was to be told. Putting it back she dumped her bag on the backside and lowered the window.

"You feel comfortable" Veer teased.

"I have to be" Mahira glanced at him "knowing I'm spending a lot of time in here today"

Veer groaned, rolling his eyes "I hate traffic" .

"What about ditching it ?" She asked gesturing towards the Metro station they were to cross.

"No" He denied and she scoffed.
Settling back she let the wind play with her hair strands feeling stolen glances from him. They stopped at Red light and her eyes traveled to a girl selling glass bangles.

"सुनो, इधर आना" (Hey, Come here) She called out for the girl, eyes searching her brass basket filled with different glass bangles, some red, some green, Some yellow, some white and a little blue.

"Take White" Veer instructed and she looked at him surprised.

"Sure ?"

"Very" He said leaning a little for seeing the basket. He picked 6 white bangles, his thump caressing the cold glass, His eyes looking at them and then her face.

"Beautiful"

Mahira could feel her breath hitched as he took her right hand and slide all six in one. The glass bangles clinked with each other and the melody brought first real smile on her lips after yesterday.

She snapped her head up seeing Veer igniting the engine and the girl waving them away with a huge grin on her face. Mahira looked at the girl who was left back and then at the man beside her.

"When did you pay her ?"

"When you were admiring these" He answered, his finger trailing at her wrist, on the bangles and then touching her skin.

She could feel goosebumps on her arms and blood rushing to her neck, She was glad she chose a ¾ sleeve shrug to go with her sleeveless top and palazzos.

She put her hair strand behind the ear and the bangles tinkled catching his attention towards her.

He shook his head in amusement and she bit the insides of her cheek to keep the smile from her face.

He parked in a car park, undoing his seat belt and staring at her with hooded eyes, they seemed to be scrutinizing her face.

"What ?" She muttered self-consciously.

"Your look" he said "It doesn't say day-out"

Mahira scoffed internally, turning to her side, unlocking the door and stepping out when her movements froze as her bun came undone. Her black locks came tumbling down her waist and her lips parted in a gasp.
She turned to look at Veer who seems to be smiling in victory, rolling her hair tie in his fingers.