50

245.

It was the same punishment — carrying books while kneeling down the sea of salt.

Tae felt like crying coz his wounds had just been cured, & now he’s gon’ have it again.

“For one hour, I’ll be back after.” The trainer said after he saw them doing the punishment already.—

The trainer left.

Even though it was just the start, Tae was already tearing up. He can feel his wounds opening up again, and its even painful because it was an old wound.

He was surprised when Bogum suddenly stood up. “Stand up.” He ordered.

“Huh?”—

“Come on, stand up.” Tae did not know what he’s planning but he did as he was told.

Bogum took out his handkerchief and he parted the salt first before putting it under.

“Kneel here.” Tae felt confused. He knelt down on the handkerchief and it felt comfortable.—

Bogum quickly gathered the salt around Tae’s knees so no one will know that he’s kneeling on a handkerchief instead of salt.

Bogum fixed his books and he knelt down on the salt after.

Tae was silent and was still in confusion. Isn’t this cheating on a punishment?—

“This is wrong...” Tae said.

“No, they’re wrong too. I heard you had this punishment already so I’m sure that ur wound would open up again. It might get infected. That’s dangerous.”

Tae felt his heart beating fast. He was touched, he didn’t knew he cared this much.—

He’s right, his old wound might get infected. But he felt guilty since he wasn’t feeling the same pain as Bogum.

“You should kneel on a handkerchief too—“ He let off a small laugh, even though he’s in pain.

“No, I’m fine. I’m strong.” Tae giggled, he sounds like a kid.—

Silence ruled over them, and there are lots of thoughts going in Tae’s head.

“Thank you.” He said, and even though he can’t turn his head on the side because of the books, he knew Bogum was smiling.

“No, thank you.” Tae felt confused on what he said. “Sorry, what?”—

Bogum chuckled. “Nothing, I said welcome.” He said and everything went silent again.

But deep inside his heart, he knew what he wanted to say.

‘Thank you for coming into my life.’ Oh much he wanted to tell him that, but he knew his limitations.

He knew he can’t have him.—

Because he also knew, that he person he loves, has his heart for another person.

And what is he, against a person who Taehyung loves the most?

He’s not even starting yet, but he knew he already lost.

At least, he just wanted to keep him safe. And that’s all that matters.

 And that’s all that matters