23

141.

Attacking from behind, Tae decided to surprise his mother who’s busy watering the flowers.

“Oh!—Oh my, Taehyung!” His mom cried in happiness, a smile immediately painting their faces. They pulled each other for a hug, he missed his mom.

“Good thing you’re here! Your——

siblings are coming home today.” Tae broke the hug, his face looking unbelievable. “S-Siblings?” He stuttered, not believing what he heard.

“Yes! I forgot to tell you before that they’re coming home today. Oh my, I’m very sure you missed them.”

His mom really looked ——

happy because of the news. I mean, maybe it’s because she’s a mother.

But Taehyung on the other side, just nodded. He thought that he’s the only child in this family, but nuh-uh.

“Oh, they’re here!” Tae felt a bit nervous about meeting his siblings, he had no idea ——

if they’re on good terms.

His mom immediately went to the gate, Tae was just frozenly standing there while waiting for his siblings to show up.

There are horses, also some servants. He knew they’re rich, but  he’d never experienced this kind of royal-like treatment.—

“Taehyung-ssi!” The girl immediately ran towards him and gave him a hug. Her gummy smile was really contagious and for no reason, it made Tae smile too.

She’s probably his sister.

“Did you miss me? Did you? Aww, really?” She’s really hyper, and she didn’t even wait ——

for Tae to answer her question. She smacked his arm and laughed playfully. She looked younger than Taehyung, so he’s suspecting that it’s his younger sister?

“Yeah, maybe.” He responded in an awkward smile. How is he gonna tell them that they don’t know them?—

A guy came inside too, he looked really intimidating, especially because his eyes we’re like a tiger.

But all those intimidations faded when he showed off his gummy smile. He went to Tae and gave him a hug.

“How have you been?” The guy asked. But Tae felt frozen because ——

he’s still trying to sink it all in his head. “I-I’ve been good. Thank you.” He responded.

All of them we’re about to go inside when their father came in.

“Dad!” The girl cried and immediately ran to her father for a hug. “Just right on time, I missed you too Jennie.”—

But his brother just stood there and saluted to their father. “Good morning, dad.” But their father did not even spare him a glance, just a nod.

Tae felt odd. His brother must have been in the military already since he knew those. But why is his dad ignoring him?—

Their dad went inside with her sister. His mom came to his brother and hugged him.

“Don’t mind him, Yoongi. I know he missed you too.” His mom comforted him and went back inside.

“Hyung, are you okay?” He addressed him ‘hyung’ since he found out that he’s older.—

Yoongi gulped and pulled out a smile. He nodded, “Of course I am. Come on, let’s go inside.”

Tae jus watched him enter the door. He knew he wasn’t okay. But he still felt awkward to ask since he’s not that knowledgeable of what was happening.