Building was sometimes his escapism from the complicated situations of the real world.

As he placed one of the concrete blocks he realised just how much he'd done, and was about to take a break when Scar landed beside him.

"Dude," he said, and Grian looked up, "what happened to your red jumper?"

"What happened to your tiny hat?" He retorted, the words slightly sharper than he'd intended. Luckily, Scar didn't seem to notice and only chuckled in response.

"You look like an evil villain, especially with those gloves." Grian glanced down at the perfectly fitted grey material covering his hands. "Wait wait wait, if you put on your monocle you'd look even better." He laughed.

Grian grinned, holding back his own laugh, and pulled the gold eyepiece he'd used to seem professional when attempting to sell things to Tango out of his pocket. He put it on his eye and Scar laughed even more. He laughed too, imagining how he probably looked.

"It's too perfect." The former mayor said, his laughter dying down to a chuckle. "Hold up, am I seeing things or are your eyes purple?" Grian stiffened internally but didn't let it show.

"It's probably just the light." He said. Scar shrugged it off.

"Anyway, I came to ask if you wanted to hang out with me, Pearl, Mumbo and Impulse. We're going to get ice cream from the Pass 'n' Gas places." He suggested.

"Um," should he? The Watchers had said his friends were a danger, but they hadn't been so far. However, they also didn't seem to be motivated to lie. Well, there was only one way to find out. "Sure." Scar grinned. Grian took off his monocle and they flew over to the Boatem Pole where three people were waiting.

"Hey!" Impulse called. "Grian, I haven't seen you in ages. Where have you been?" His voice was as enthusiastic as ever. He smiled.

"Just busy. You know how it is." He replied, and it didn't go past him how Mumbo and Pearl looked at him suspiciously.

"The new jumper is... cool." He said, slightly unsurely. The blond could tell he thought it was strange.

"We've already talked about that, now let's go, I want ice cream." Scar said, impatiently. Everyone chuckled and they all launched a few rockets to propel themselves into the sky.

After a few minutes of soaring through the air, they all glided down to one of the shops.

"I'm going to get chocolate." Scar said as he rushed in, closely followed by Grian and then the rest of the group.

"How can you like that flavour?" Impulse asked.

"How can you not?" Grian asked in mock offence.

"You're not one of those weird ice cream people, are you?" Scar asked.

"What do you mean?" Impulse replied.

"You know, the ones who only ever go for vanilla?" Scar elaborated, his excitement put on hold for a minute while he gave the hermit a warning stare.

"Vanilla's nice!" Impulse said. Grian and Scar's jaws practically dropped in mock offence and he laughed uncomfortably. "Well if neither of you are getting your ice cream them I guess I'll go first."

"No no," Scar said hurriedly, "you do you, vanilla all the way, I'm not one to judge." He opened the barrel filled with ice and ice cream boxes and got out chocolate before anyone else could steal it.

Impulse rolled his eyes.

A little while later, they all left the shop with ice creams in hand. Scar and Grian had chocolate, Impulse had vanilla, Pearl had salted caramel and Mumbo had strawberry.