Chapter 6

I stared at each corner of the house. It's the same house I grew up but nothing feels the same. It's empty. I feel weak. Lost. I need someone to comfort me and I know the only person that will be able to do that at this moment is Kyle. But considering that he need to get enough rest I shouldn't bother him right? I'll go and see him tomorrow. So the only person I have in my mind is none other than Isaac. I know he's worried sick about me and I have to make it up to him for ruining our first date.

Me: Where are you?

It didn't take long before he replied.

Isaac: I'm with friends. Saw them when I was on my way home so I dropped by. Are u ok?

Me: No.

Isaac: Need me to pick u up?

Me: It's okay. Where are u?

Isaac: We're at Bar & Chill

I didn't reply but took a taxi. I wasn't sure if meeting Isaac now is the best thing to do but I'm miserable and I don't want to be home alone. Eventually I reached the place and stood in front of it. It was cold that night and I already changed to hoodie trying to warm up myself. I just hope that tomorrow will be better but it's funny how everything will not go in the way I wanted. Pulling up the hoodie I hid my face trying to cover my swollen eyes.

My eyes wandered to the area searching for Isaac familiar figure. It wasn't hard to spot his golden hair that stand out in the dark. It glistened under the dim light. Making my way to him and his friends I stopped when his friends bursted into laughters.

"Are you serious Isaac?" A brown haired woman giggled.

"I can't believe you are with her just to win the bet. Who is it again? Miqaila? The first year student isn't it?" A man's voice resonated through my ears and I dropped my phone tremblings in disbelief.

They turned facing but but I lowered my head pretending to pick up my phone. Trying my best not to make any eyes contact with one of them especially Isaac. How pathetic. I should've guessed it from earlier. He's just toying with me. Right. I'm nothing to him.

"That nerd?" They bursted into laughter again. I stood straight holding back the storming emotions that swirled inside me. I wanted to run.. Far from here. Raising my head my eyes met with a pair of pale blue eyes that belongs to none other than Isaac. His eyes slightly widened and there's nothing to be explained. I heard it all. Not waiting any second longer I ran outside leaving him with his friends.

Pathetic.

I bursted into a sarcastic laughter with tears running down my cheeks. I hear a footsteps running towards me. All I ever wanted is someone to comfort me but at this exact moment I just want to be alone. "Miqaila!" His voice that echoed through my ears should've made me flustered. It's funny how I felt happy when he called my name back then but now.. It's the same person calling my name but it disgust me to the point I don't even want to see him.

Ignoring him I fastened my legs trying to run from him. It didn't took him long before he was able to ran after me. His warm hand grabbed my arm in a bruising grip almost as if he don't want to let me go. But I know that's not the case.

"Listen to me Miqaila." Isaac tried to pull me into his embrace but I'm so disgusted with him. "Let me go!" I pulled my arm breaking free from him and cried. "It's nothing like what you think." His eyes looks like he's hurted and I don't know what he's planning to do. Is he planning to continue toying with my feelings?

"I can explain." He muttered with a faint voice. "You don't have to. I get it." My chest felt heavy and my head hurts. I love him.. I really do. I thought he love me too. Had I know that he's just toying with me I won't ever accept him.