Official First Day

"Tommy" Tommy stirred in his sleep, yawning and opening his eyes. He sat up, his stomach giving a painful churn, he started to regret eating the night before. Techno was at his door, leaning on the door frame. "Come on- We have to get to school." Tommy stared at Techno, not processing any of the words in his head.

"Mgghn- what ?" Tommy mumbled sleepily. Techno gave a soft sigh and walked over to him, ruffling up Tommy's hair.

"School, you have to get up" Techno said and Tommy blinked.

"M'kay" Tommy said with another yawn.

"Get dressed, otherwise you might be late and Wilbur will have to drive us." Techno said. Tommy pushed Techno aside, getting up and going to his closet.

"Get out- I'll be done in a sec" Tommy said, Techno chuckling and leaving the room.

Tommy threw on the red sweater Wilbur had bought him at the mall and a pair of jeans, pulling on his boots on the way out the door. Techno nodded to him, a book in his hands.

"What are you reading?" Tommy asked, tilting his head curiously.

"Art of War" Techno said, Tommy giggled.

"Nerd"

"Hey- I'm not a nerd." Techno said. "I'm just smarter then you." Tommy gasped.

"How dare you!"

Techno laughed, Tommy bursting into a fit of giggles, walking down the stairs with Techno. "I hear a gremlin!" Tommy grinned as Wilbur got up from his spot on the couch and walked over to him and Techno. "Good morning"

" 'mornin' " Techno said.

"Morning" Tommy said, Wilbur smiling at him.

"Second day of school" Wilbur said. "You ready?" Tommy nodded, Techno bumping shoulders with him gently as he walked past him and Wilbur.

"Is Phil up?" Techno asked as he made his way to the kitchen.

"You could say that" Wilbur said, looking a bit annoyed. "He went out to get coffee- doubt he got any for us" Tommy wrinkled his nose.

"Coffee? You drink that stuff?" Tommy said and Wilbur grinned.

"Yup-"

"It's the only thing we run on." Techno said. "Coffee and insomnia" Wilbur scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Speak for yourself"

"Toast anyone?" Techno asked, throwing bread into the toaster.

"Nah" Tommy said, walking into the kitchen and standing at the counter in front of the toaster, waiting. Techno watched him, confused.

"What are yo-"

"Shhh" Tommy said quietly, eyes back on the toaster. Wilbur walked over curiously, tilting his head. There were a few moments of silence, then the bread popped out of the toaster, making all of them jump. "Okay- have fun with your bread," Wilbur laughed.

"The hell was that?" He asked.

"I like watching it toast" Tommy said with a shrug. Techno snorted, rolling his eyes and taking the toast out and throwing it on a plate. Tommy hopped on the counter, watching Techno and Wilbur put jam on the toast. "I wonder how it works"

"How what works?" Wilbur asked.

"A toaster," Tommy said, staring at the toaster. "Can I take it apart?"

"Wh- No" Techno said, sputtering. "Phil wouldn't be too happy with it." Tommy pouted.

"Just look it up," Wilbur suggested.