Under firefly light🖤

"you should take a break more often!"

A lady awaits on the streets to meet someone she rarely sees, Her eyes staring up at an all mighty castle that housed the family he protected.

"Please don't leave me hanging.." she whispered to herself, though she couldn't blame him for being late or standing her up, the life of a royal guard can be busier on days off. 

Suddenly, someone tapped her shoulder and she looked behind her to be overwhelmed with join "Dain! You actually made it!" he stumbled a bit when she threw herself at him. But he was not bothered, if she wasn't slightly faster then he would have done the same, "I am deeply sorry for being late.."

×

You shook your head at the man, a stupidly big smile on your face "I know Kaeya can be a little troublesome, i expected you to be a bit late" you said "And why are you hugging me with one arm?" the blonde shied away, turning his face from your view as he offered flowers from behind his back.

The white lily's looks so fragile in the hands of Dain, his blue gaze softened "Aw Dain..you really didn't have to..i know how busy you are.." the blonde shook his head. "It is my algology for being late.." as you took the flowers he pecked your lips before taking your hand in his own, "Where to? You asked if we could go out on my day off so did you have anywhere in mind?"

"a lake, y'know where the tower is? Its east of there with a huge tree growing on an island in the middle, it covers the whole lake and sometimes i see a whole lot of fire fly's" Dain watched your lips curve into a smile closely, trying to stop himself from kissing you again. "Mhm..how long have you been waiting to take me there?"

"A few weeks maybe a month? i don't remember.." he frowned, "I'll do my best to clear my schedule for you more often..alright?" you smiled "You don't have too but i wouldn't be against it at all" you leaned against his arm while you continued to walk into the forest in the direction of the lake.

====

You released Dain's hand while you ran out onto the bank, you took off your shoes and socks then ran in the water. Dain watched for a moment, a smile on his usually stone face "Come on Dain, the water feels really nice" he blinked a few times "Sorry, just a moment" he did just as you did minutes prior.

"hmm..i suppose it does feel nice" you hugged him and giggled, "And the tree is a relaxing sight, i wonder how it will look when the firefly's come out" his crystal eyes shone under the waning light. "Dain, your eyes are really pretty y'know?" the blonde knight blinked his face growing a little red. "Ah..yours are as well.."

As the sun sank into the horizon, the fire fly's gracing the lake and the duo with their presence. "Look at all of them" a few of them swarmed around the lily's Dain gave you, "wow.." you crouched down and watched the glowing bogs closely. And soon the entire lake had lightning bugs dancing in the air.

And when they landed on the trees leaves, they lit up a bright green "such a wonderful and relaxing atmosphere.." You stood up and smiled. Dain came up behind you and gently wrapped his arms around your waist, "Have you ever heard about the blessing of the lightning bugs?" he began.

"no? is this some royal story i haven't heard of?" You turned around and put your arms on his shoulders. "If you share a dance with someone close to you under the light of lightning bugs, your souls become bound together and are forever inseparable..even in death" 

"Oh really? Would you care to share a dance with me then?" he let go of you and grabbed a single flower from the bouquet, "I would certainly love to, my little lily" you grinned as he carefully placed the flower in your hair. "I miss you calling me that, My knight"

You danced over to the bank, your feet barely grazing the water "Maybe i should become a knight, then i can work closer to you.." Dain aggressively shook his head. "No, you'd be in too much danger and i am too fearful to lose you.." he kissed your forehead whilst he began to waltz with you.

under the firefly moonlight, you shared a long and romantic dance under the tree where the occasional leaf would break away from its branch. A clear night, full moon and a tree that was being lit up by the work of the fireflies.

"I love you Dain, we should do this again soon.."

"I would loath to part from you now..of course I'll do this again, especially with you"

For a final time that night, you both shared a long and passionate kiss..only for the next day to fall into ruin..