Great Maple🧡

,,Maple leaves..fallen rain and the morning dew, would you accompany me on this lovely morning?"

"I don't know how that man does it.." Beidou took a large swig of her drink while you sat on the boats edge and put your elbow on your knee. "Does what?" Beidou asked, leaning against the ships rail as the wind swayed her long brown hair "Where did he get his lengthy vocabulary.." Beidou smiled and leaned onto her free hand.

"Got a..certain samurai on your mind?" you looked over at her then glared, "i'm just curious, i don't know how people like him come up with poems or songs and stuff" The one eyed captains smile only widened. "How long have you had this crush on him? Maybe since you joined the crew?"

"Not that long! maybe..a few weeks? I dunno..he seems waay out of my league" Beidou raised a brow, "Sweet cheeks, don't talk down on yourself like that" she tapped the rail and closed her jug of alcohol.

"If you want to know how he makes his peoms..then maybe you should try talking to him about it?" You shook your head. "He's going to the shore tomorrow, maybe i'll follow him?"

"Stalk him, you mean?" Though ypu didn't want to really admit it, you sighed and nodded. "But it's only to found out how he makes his poems and musings, nothing more nothing less"

"You say that now, if he founds out you're following him he might just kill you. Think it's worth the risk?" You turned around and stepped down from the boats rail.

"At the very least if he tries to kill me i can try and convince him not to..if he doesn't recognize me first" Beidou sighed. "You do you, it's getting late so if you're going to think about Mr. Samurai for any longer try to make it short"

She turned her back to you and waved, "Goodnight kiddo, get some sleep" and off she went to the captains quarters. For a single moment you stood alone on the ship deck before heading off to bed yourself.

^
°

Morning came, not that it woke you up since you were pretty much already awake. Laying in a hammock listening to the snores of half the other people on the ship, well a little under half.

Fortunately for you Kazuha didn't sleep in the same room as you and the others. So, once the sun just barely peeked over the ocean horizon you were up and getting prepared to leave in silence.

You weren't really close to anyone on the ship other then Beidou whom was your nonbiological mom. She took you in just like anyone else but found a layer of defiance and pain under a layer of cool and quiet. She was quick to get you to open up and she was oddly good at it too.

"Off early huh?" Speaking of, right as you walked out of the cabin door Beidou leaned against the wall with her single visible eye closed. "He just took off, just wanted to tell you to be careful and stuff" you smiled slightly and nodded.

"Thank you, captain" you turned and tried to walk down but Beidou being Beidou wasn't about to just let the girl she technically adopted to just walk passed her after calling her captain over Beidou. "Hold on, i told you to call me anything but captain"

"Sorry but i really need to go..thanks Beidou" she smiled "good, now go chase your pretty boy" she laughed while you hurried off with a red face.