Chapter 49

Chapter 49

The wind passes through my hair as Hale drives the car fast. Hindi ako makaisip ng matino habang pinagmamasdan ang kanilang bahay sa malayo. It looks like a haunted house and it creeps me out after what we've done. Hale killed Nani, and when the Dela Cruz will spot it, they will automatically search for me since I'm the last person who went out at that hour. And most especially, they will question everything about Lia. Pumikit ako ng mariin at bumuntong-hininga, all I can count on now is my siblings.

I look at my ring. From a second, all of my problems went away after glancing at it and glancing at Hale as well. Hindi pa din ako makapaniwala na may suot na akong singsing na galing sa kanya at hindi man lang ako nagprotesta! So this means, I am on favor of it too? Oh my bloody God.

"Have you contacted Bailey and the others?" I asked him, making my body face him, putting my palm in the side of my cheeks as I stare like him, like having no problems at all. No people chasing us like dogs and no blood on the floor anymore. How I wish this could just end, I want my normal like back.

He nods and puts his hand in front, pouting at us. I chuckled and puts my hand above his then he quickly entwined it. "Well, where are they?"

"There are at one of the island in Hundred islands." Tumango na lang ako.

"We need to find Jewel, Hale. And or maybe Laureen too." I couldn't take it anymore. What Lia searched is very confidencial and because of the Dela Cruz's resources that we don't have, she saw something important and I'm sure she has no plans in telling them what she saw.

"I know but before that, we need to get the Topaz, before the Dela Cruz."

"So we'll find the Topaz, then Jewel and she'll help up find Laureen and also the mystery of the Villamor's."

He nods and smiles at me sweetly. "What a smooth plan. I just hope that we won't encounter any men of the Dela Cruz in any of those places." Tumingin ulit sa harapan at binilisan ang takbo ng kanyang sasakyan.

"The only chance that we can encounter them is where at the Topaz is at." I said while looking at my short nails. Suddenly, I just want them long to have an in born self defense tool.

He quickly glances at me and arched a brow.

"How come?"

I sighed. Twirling my head in the memory from the meeting.

"They are planning to go France to find the mystery of the Villamor's. Cashmere gave them a false information."