Chapter 30

Chapter 30

The sharp wind swayed my hair to the side as I hug myself while looking at the waves that were crushing to my feet. I look at the seaweed that was stuck between my pinky and smiled sadly as the gray sky look down at me.

In my grayish-brown strap backless dress, on my barefoot, I started walking through the shore while the wind started to pull me down and the only thing I could hear is the scary waves across the ocean.

"Will I be ready to face the truth?" I stopped walking and sat down on the sand and some dead corals were all around me, dragged by the waves.

Plano ko sanang bumalik sa Manila since nandoon sina Mum and Dad. Lia called me last night and ask me when will I be coming back to Manila. It's already four days before Christmas and since the family of Hale cannot come and celebrate Christmas with their son, I'm planning to take Hale with me.

And maybe introduced him as well.

Kung gusto niya ba.

Pero hindi naman tungkol kay Hale ang kinatatakutan ko. Is the questions that I will pull to my 'parents', is the questions that I badly want them to answer honestly in front of my face and their reasons why they hid me and why did they had me all this time.

Hindi naman ata sila ang kumuha sa'kin from my real family, dahil kung sila nga, everybody of my 'family' would like me.

"I know you would be here."

I twitched and jumped in shock when I heard his familiar voice at the back.

Gumuhit ang isang ngiti sa kanyang labi at hinalikan ang aking noob ago umupo sa tabi ko. I sighed.

"Since hindi makakauwi ang mga magulang mo. Gusto mo bang mag Christmas nalang sa'min? I'm planning in going home at Manila this afternoon."

His eyes widened, couldn't believe in what I said but I remain looking at him with a blank expression and bits my lips on the process.

He grabs his hair and look at me unbelievably.

"This afternoon? And you're telling to me this now?" His voice wasn't sharp but I can sense that he is a bit piss while looking at the ocean to calm his nerves.

I grab his arm and started caressing it. He then stayed stiff when I lean my head to his chest and pouted as I entwined our arms together.