Chapter 22

Chapter 22

The palm trees that we passed by makes me remember how amazing this place is, and how many memories we've made in just a short period of time.

The air from the window blew my hair away as I let is soaked inside my skin as I close my eyes to process everything that just happen that night.

"What do you mean?"

I couldn't process what he said, my mind shattered into pieces as he looked at me straight in the eye.

"What if I told you that I like you? Would it change?"

"Do you like me?"

"I can't answer that without being hurt, you still love him."

My heart sank. I looked away, to the deep ocean who is just listening us quietly while it's waves comforting my swollen heart. I always wanted to swim on the ocean, but I didn't learn how to swim, I couldn't take the risk of dying.

"That doesn't answer my question. Do you like me Mat?"

His brows furrowed and his jaw dropped like I said something bad to him.

"Stop calling me that!" He hissed at me and glared at a few seconds. That's when I realized that I called him Mat again.

Ako naman ngayon ang kumunot ang noo.

"What's wrong in calling you 'Mat'?" I innocently asked that made him closed his eyes tight.

"Just... Just call me Hale okay?" He opens his eyes and meet mine but I pouted and shake my head.

I'm eager to make him confess to me. I don't know why my system is very curious on what he thinks about me.

"No, it's Mat. I'll just call you Hale if you answer my question."

Bumuga siya ng malalim na hininga at hinawakan ng mariin ang aking kamay saka dinilaan ang kanyang labi, suddenly, I just felt my throat being dry in what he just did.