"Welcome to Ulta!" The cashier greeted me causing me to step to the register out of nervousness. "What can I help you with Ma'am?"

"Ummmm" I thought about it, looking at the different makeup displays they had by the windows. "I'd like to get my makeup done if possible." My face was already beat to perfection and judging by the look on her face, she realized it too.

"Yes ma'am" She grabbed a clipboard from behind her. "Just write down your name and phone number for me if you don't mind." She had a cute country accent that I'd never heard before. She definitely wasn't from Chicago which I liked.

"I'm actually here for a specific Artist." I leaned in closer, resting my chest on the wooden countertop. "Rayvon works here right?"

"Yes ma'am, you know Ray?"

I shook my head yes. "Is he available?"

She laughed at my question, covering her mouth with the tips of her nails. "Ray's chair is always empty, he don't be trying to do no makeup." That sounded exactly like Rayvon Cornelius Plato. He was really good at makeup but his personality required a much more creative setting, which is why he was perfect for my Spa.

"Will you walk me to the back?" I asked her politely, knowing she didn't have to.

"Sure"

"Thank you" I trailed behind her until we got to the back where the beauty vanities were set up. Ray's back was to us while he talked a mile a minute to one of his coworkers, making her laugh. His blonde cut was now a dark gray and he gained a little weight since the last time I seen him. I was proud of my Ray Ray Boo, he always said he wanted to gain at least twenty pounds and from the looks of things he'd successfully done it.

"Ray, you have a client."

"Who?" He spun around with so much attitude. His eyes landed on me and he couldn't believe I was standing directly in front of him. "Nicole?"

"Ohhhhh, this is Nicole?" The Cashier pointed at me. "You're the one with the Spa? Oh my Gosh, Ray!" She said his name but was smiling at me. "Ray showed us so many pictures of your Spa from when he worked there but he never showed us you— nice to meet you."

"Likewise" Ray told them to leave us be so we could talk.

"How did you know where I work?"

"Doesn't matter, I came to apologize for my part in breaking your heart." He looked down, rolling his neck for me to keep going. "It wasn't my place to say anything but that doesn't mean I should've kept quiet for as long as I did. I had you working for me and in my face, knowing your man was stepping out on you and that was wrong. I was fake-"

"SO fake" Ray cut me off, folding his arms across his chest as he kept his eyes on his shoes. "AND phony! I thought I was your friend too, but you showed me I wasn't nothing to you but an employee."

"You're right Ray." I agreed with him. He looked up at me with a scowl on his face. "I was very fake and it seems like I sided with Mila, but I swear I do consider you my friend." I clutched my chest. "I need you on my team, Ray."

We stood in silence for a couple of seconds. "Sit down so I can do your makeup." He pat his chair for me to take a seat. He took my purse from me without a word, sitting it down for me. "You're paying me for this by the way."

"How much are you making here?" I really wanted to know.

"Girl, we not cool. Don't ask me my personal business." He gently touched my face, positioning my head to where he could see clearly.

"I bet you still will answer."

"$11.50, why?"

"That's lunch money compared to what you were making at Parker Spa and Nails— I'm just saying." I threw the obvious out there.