Active Imagination

Depuis le début

"I stayed up late" Evan admired, though he didn't say what hw was doing.

Andrew only nodded. "Yeah, same here man."

Evan nodded as Andrew walked to his room and shit the door behind him. He could hear the click of the lock and briefly he wondered why he'd locked it. 'He never locks the door like that..' he thought. Now it was Evan who was worried about his friends strange behavior.
Then Evan had a thought that made him sick to his stomach. What if he'd found Ben? He knew Andrew only meant well.. but he tended to be a bit reckless and often didn't realize his own strength. For someone who was 6 foot 5 he tended to forget how trying he could be. He was just naturally built to be bulky. It just runs in his family. It's that Scottish blood he'd got in him.
He couldn't bear to think of Ben getting hurt. He doubted Andrew would do such a thing, but still. Then he also was a bit jealous.. He wasn't sure why but he didn't like the idea of anyone else finding Ben. Not just Because of what may happen, but also because deep down he didn't want to share his friend. Though he didn't know why, it could be the fact that he wanted him to be safe or the fact that he was only 4 inches tall and could fit in the palm of his hand.. or it could be the way Ben looked up at him with those deep blue eyes as if he was the only person in the world. He didn't know if he wanted to see that happen with anyone else besides him as selfish as that is.

Ben waited behind a stack of sketchbooks on Evan's desk as he waited for him to return in the morning. He'd seen him go to get breakfast and he didn't think it would be polite if he'd interrupted him. He heard the door click open and for a moment he was about to walk out, then he wondered if it was the other human. So he stayed where he was, silently. He heard the chair creak under the weight of the human as they sat down. He wanted to peak around but his mind wouldn't let him.
     If it was the other human he'd be in big trouble. 'This probably wasn't my best idea' Ben thought as his brows pinched with embarrassment. If Kris ever found out he'd done this he'd probably end up killing him. Ben laughed at the thought. He was considerably taller than Kris. Ben stood at a height of 4.3 while Kris was only 3.8. Ben was a little bit taller than the average borrower, thought that made it easier for him to do things like run or climb. For Kris he was pretty much the average height, just about one centimeter shorter. But he had a bite to match the bark on his mouth. For him being as short as he was, compared to Ben, he could hit pretty hard and he wasn't afraid to do it either. Mostly it was all in good fun however as they did enjoy picking on each other from time to time.

Evan sat down at his desk to eat breakfast and wait for Ben to come by to visit him. He wasn't expecting him too, but he did hope that he would. As he ate he scrolled through his phone looking through YouTube to put something on in the meantime. As he did he'd heard small noise from behind his sketchbooks. There were about four sketchbooks and various sizes stacked up on one another. Most were all used up and he was waiting to find somewhere to put them, though the one on the very top still had about half of it empty. He wanted to just move the books and see if it was him, but he didn't want to scare him if he was there. "Ben?" He asked as he leaned a little closer to the books.

When Ben heard his name he smiled. It was Evan. He sighed in relief as he walked out from behind his hiding spot. "Oh no. I've been caught!" He said in an exaggerated tone as he put the back of his hand on his forehead.

"Hello to you too" Evan smiled. "I got breakfast, want some?" He asked. He was planing to offer it to him anyway but this seemed like a more casual way to go about it.

"I could eat" he admitted as he walked over to look at the plate. "Did you make this?" He asked as he sat the eggs and bacon on the plate. They looked well seasoned.

"Nah, Andrew took the day off so he made a little treat for himself. Made too much though and here we are." Evan said as he cut a little piece of the bacon for him.